Advice please<3333

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yayparty112

Reaction score
Applied this past cycle and only got 1 interview (yet to hear back but chances of acceptance are low). I'm prepping to re-apply and would love advice on how to improve my application based on my current "stats"

40 hours of clinical shadowing (genetics and pediatric specialities)
210 non-clinical volunteer hours (tutored at an underserved elementary school)
40 clinical volunteer hours (just started volunteering at the American Red Cross so hoping to have at least 100 by the time application season rolls around)
2000+ hours research and a publication as second author
600 clinical paid work hours (91 as an MA at a flu shot clinic, 500 predicted by the time of application as an MA at a pediatrician's office)

513 MCAT, 3.8 science gpa (3.7 total gpa).
I have leadership experience from undergrad as well--vice president of a student org for 2 years

Currently working part-time at research lab and part-time at the pediatrician's office as an MA with my weekends dedicated to volunteering at the red cross. If anyone has any advice on what I should do to make myself stand out/any directions I should take these next few months it would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Red Cross is, most likely, non-clinical volunteering (it doesn't work with patients). That's okay. Ongoing community service is always a plus.
You have paid clinical work so you have clinical covered (it can be paid or volunteer).

You are a bit heavy in research but don't have the grades and scores to be attractive to the research powerhouses.

You'd be best doing a formal "what are my chances" using the template and posting in that sub-forum.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Service orientation activities? Tutoring underserved students is too common among prehealth applicants that it won't help you stand out, unless you were employed or did Americorps/City Year or similar commitment.

Please refer to your existing threads where other users provided some advice:

Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.