Advice Please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms2209

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently got waitlisted at Columbia; and I would like to send a letter along with the acceptance of the position on the waitlist to express my strong interest in Columbia, etc. Should the letter be typed or handwritten, and should it be on stationary? I have never written a letter like this for any school before, so any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Type it. If you have stationary already, use it. If not, then don't worry about it.

Def type it....use the stationary if you have it, if not, dont worry about it.....I'd address the letter to the Dean of Admissions or the Admissions Director, makes the letter more personal....describe some important credentials and how hard you've worked....describe how you loved your visit during your interview day, and how much you love the school and mention some reasons why you really want to go there....at the end, mention how much you hope for an acceptance there this Fall. Try to keep it short and sweet, no more than 1 page long. This is just what I did when I wrote my LOI....it must have helped out a little bit, I eventually got in! :) Good luck with everything! :luck: