Advice, please????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dlformiga1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I could use your input on something:
I just recently found out that I got an interview at the U. of Leicester. I was quite excited until I found out that last year they interviewed 1300 people for something like 175 spots. I also know that it is very difficult for a North American student to get accepted.

I am currently in Brazil and plan on going to Argentina in Feb. to teach English. I am quite excited about this, but going to England for an interview would definitely put a dent in my plans. Obviously med school takes priority, but only if I think I have a decent chance. Leicester is not my first choice; I applied to 3 other UK schools and all 4 Irish schools.

So, what would you guys do in my situation? What would you take into consideration in making this decision? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
congratulations on getting an interview! unfortunately, you're going to be looking at that kind of competition for any medical school in the UK. you should be proud you got an interview! alot of people don't!
Z