Advice re: physical science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mayssy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm using TPR and took my first practice today... lowest score is in physical science section and I mean LOW. I'm behind on readings and homeworks in the class.... anyone else take the TPR class, or use TPR material and have tips for physical science section or for the use of the materials in general?

Thanks everyone

Members don't see this ad.

I took the TPR class previously and my initial PS score was very low too. I tried to do the homework but it really didn't help me and I got way behind in it. Honestly, the TPR books are good but the class did not help me at all. I didn't see score increases until I started studying on my own (after my TPR class).

Make sure you thoroughly go over the content for PS. Every topic should be reviewed at least once. Also, make use of the science workbook. Do a lot of the passage-based questions to help your understanding. After content review, do as many of the TPR practice tests as you have time for. The practice tests are great (these are what helped improve my PS score from 5 to a 10-12).

Based on my experiences, just don't reviews won't improve your score by a whole lot. You won't see substantial increases until you start doing loads of practice problems. However, doing a lot of problems without reviewing first is also useless. I'd suggest building a solid understanding of the concepts in class, but work out the specific variations and nuances(which just about every single MCAT problem requires you to know) when you have time to do a massive amount of practice problems.

As far as the TPR classes go, nobody can possibly keep up with all the assigned readings and homeworks. They're just there so nobody can actually get his money back if his score doesn't increase.