Advice: Should I Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted984162

I am a pre-medical student in Florida. I have received acceptance into the MedStart program at the University of Toledo which ensures acceptance into the medical school in Fall 2020 as long as I don't apply to any other schools. HOWEVER, Toledo, Ohio is very far from where I have lived all of my life and is completely different from what I am used to.

Should I accept the early assurance program at University of Toledo and attend Toledo's medical program OR should I take a chance and apply to other schools? Applying to other schools could allow me to stay closer to home and closer to my friends and family, but it will involve a lot of applications, essays, and interview prep and it might mean that I might not be accepted into any school. Toledo is very far from Florida and it is much colder there so it would be a hard transition. Please advise on what I should do?

Also, is my MCAT score good enough to be accepted?

Please advice. What should I do?

My stats:
Major: Biomedical Engineering
Science GPA: 4.0
Overall GPA: 3.99
MCAT: 510
Medical Volunteering: Volunteer EMT, Hospital volunteering
Non-Medical Volunteering: Tutoring, Boys and Girls Club, Underprivileged primary schools
Leadership: Founded chapter of non-profit organization at my university, Officer in multiple organizations (Minority Association of Pre-health Students, Public Health Association, Indian Student Association, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Biomedical Engineering Society)
Research: Effects of Values in Cardiovascular Rehabilitation, Effect of Downstream Resistance in a CABG
Shadowing: ~100 hours in various activities (obtained a recommendation letter from a surgeon)

Members don't see this ad.

With those stats you would probably gain acceptance to a few schools in FL very easily

I have a slightly higher mcat but slightly lower GPA in Florida. If you're state of residency really is Florida, you can easily get into FSU, UCF, FIU, or FAU. USF and UF are also very possible