• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

RangerD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I apologize if this is a little off the typical topic. However, with so many great surgeons here, I felt it was a good place to get some honest feedback. My wife is considering taking a position with a medical sales company: Bard Peripheral Vascular. She was asking me if I have any exposure to this company or the products that she would be marketing so that I could give her some feedback on whether this was a good company to work for, or if the products are considered good, etc. Unfortunately, I don't have the exposure to this side of things yet, so I am unable to give her any valid feedback.

However, I was hoping someone one here may be able to provide a little insight. They said her customers would be mostly Vascular Surgeons and Interventional Radiologists. This position is with the Interventional Products Division. I have copied the names of the devices she will market below, which may help in recognizing them:

INTERVENTIONAL PRODUCTS
STENTS
LUMINEXXTM Biliary Stent
CONFORMEXXTM Biliary Stent
ANGIOPLASTY
ConquestTM PTA Balloon Dilatation Catheters
Opti-Plast? Balloon Dilatation Catheters
CenturionTM PTA Balloon Dilatation Catheters
Ultraverse? Small Vessel PTA Catheters
VENA CAVA FILTERS
Simon Nitinol Filter?
RecoveryTM Filter
BIOPSY AND DRAINAGE PRODUCTS
Bard? Monopty? Disposable Biopsy
Bard? Magnum? Reusable Core Biopsy
Navarre? Drainage Catheters

If anyone has dealt with this company or the devices they market, she would appreciate your feedback. She has been wanting to get into Medical Sales for a while but it is a big change for her so she wants to make sure it is with a good company/position.

Thanks in advance!

Docgeorge

Bent Over and Violated
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2002
Not on the Beach
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I dont know about any of these products...but ethicon was demonstrating their new toys for local surgeons at my school. Those reps (the girls) were HOTT !!!!!! You are a lucky man RAnger D.

Docxter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2004
Status (Visible)
Bard is a very well-known name in the diagnostic and interventional radiology field. For example, the three breast and one kidney biopsies I did today were all done by Bard manufactured biopsy guns and needles. But your wife should be looking into the terms of her contract, salary, and benefits, rather than the details of their products. As far as the company sales go, at least they sell quite a bit to our hospital, and they're way too expensive!!

About the Ads

apma77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
buy her some mini skirts and high heels...shell be the best selling rep bard ever had!

this seems to work for most female reps these days:clap:

RangerD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Docgeorge
You are a lucky man RAnger D.

Thanks Doc...yeah, I know I am a lucky man. She IS hot! That's one of the reasons we got married to begin with. :)

RangerD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Docxter
Bard is a very well-known name in the diagnostic and interventional radiology field. For example, the three breast and one kidney biopsies I did today were all done by Bard manufactured biopsy guns and needles. But your wife should be looking into the terms of her contract, salary, and benefits, rather than the details of their products. As far as the company sales go, at least they sell quite a bit to our hospital, and they're way too expensive!!

Thanks for the feedback Docxter. I'm glad that they are a well known name...name recognition will surely help her. As for the other side of things...salary, benefits, etc, she is definitely looking into all of that. The salary/commission sounds pretty good, benefits are acceptable. What her main unknown is how difficult it will be to achieve her sales goals. She has the looks and personality that will benefit her in medical sales. She will go to training with Bard to learn the technical details of her products as well as the related anatomy/physiology. Afterwards, the unknown is how long it will take to get the sales goals hit, and that is influenced in part on what type of reputation the company/products have. It was good to hear from you that she should have name recognition on her side.

Thanks again!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.