Advice TS=18 AA=21 DAT retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poohp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DATs and I got

Bio=16
Chem=20
OChem=20
RC=24
QR=24
PAT=17

TS=18
AA=21

GPA=3.7

should I retake?

Members don't see this ad.

The 16 bio score might be a problem. I would reach out to the schools you're most interested in and ask if they have a bio cutoff or (if they're willing to disclose it) the typical score range in that section for their accepted applicants. Otherwise, your scores (and GPA) are pretty solid overall.

Reactions: 1 user
This is a difficult decision, I recommend reaching out to the dental schools as Feralis suggested and asking for their opinion. The rest of your scores are nice and your GPA is competitive, I would weigh the pros and cons of retaking the DAT after you get some more information from adcoms.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update:
I retook my DATs
PAT 21
QR 24
RC 22
Bio 21
GC 25
OC 26
TS 23
AA 24

Thank You everyone for your help!
Especially Ari at Bootcamp, Feralis, and the Orgoman. Your content helped tremendously!

Reactions: 9 users
Update:
I retook my DATs
PAT 21
QR 24
RC 22
Bio 21
GC 25
OC 26
TS 23
AA 24

Especially Ari at Bootcamp, Feralis, and the Orgoman. Your content helped tremendously!
Great job, glad to see how much your scores improved!

Reactions: 1 users
Update:
I retook my DATs
PAT 21
QR 24
RC 22
Bio 21
GC 25
OC 26
TS 23
AA 24

Congrats on the amazing scores! Could you please share what you did differently the second time around that shot your scores up?

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the amazing scores! Could you please share what you did differently the second time around that shot your scores up?
Personally I was dealing with some health issues before my last attempt, which resulted in the low scores. Also this time for Ochem I worked more on reactions and bootcamp helped with that a couple days before my exams I started doing subject-specific questions for the topics I was unsure of. I did this for bio and chem as well, bio especially if there were topics I was not sure about I would watch videos from crashcourse and ak lectures on youtube to solidify the information.

Reactions: 1 users
WOW, congrats on overcoming the adversity. Don't even know you and I'm proud. You were in quite the predicament!

Update:
I retook my DATs
PAT 21
QR 24
RC 22
Bio 21
GC 25
OC 26
TS 23
AA 24

Awesome awesome scores!
Amazing change!
I hope your health is better now.
I am happy for you, best of luck :)

Oh, by the way, why do you think RC is lower this time? Don't get me wrong, 22 in RC is like a dream for me lol. What was your strategy for RC the first and the second time?

Awesome awesome scores!
Amazing change!
I hope your health is better now.
I am happy for you, best of luck :)

Oh, by the way, why do you think RC is lower this time? Don't get me wrong, 22 in RC is like a dream for me lol. What was your strategy for RC the first and the second time?

Honestly for me I think it was just I did not pay as much attention to it as i did the first time i was studying. I was so focused on the sciences and i knew the the passages and questions on the real dat were easier than bootcamp so i just kept that in mind.

My strategy was to spend 20 min on each section and of those 20 min, spend the first 7 min reading the passage then i would go through the questions and ones i didnt know after spending 1 min on them i would mark to come back to later. I also really used the highlighting feature on the DAT. This is just the method that worked for me. Try out different methods using the bootcamps exams and then once you find one that works stick to it.