Advice? Where to apply/how soon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wymantula

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Fairly new to SDN so not quite sure how this works. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Info:
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.884
Science GPA: 3.83
Shadow Hours: 55

DAT (7/9/18)
PAT-21
QR-23
RC-23
Biology-19 :blackeye:
Gen Chem-26
O Chem-22

TS-21
AA-23

About me: I am collegiate athlete (4 years of basketball). I have have been working as a Dental Assistant at a pediatric office for about 6 months (hoping this makes up for shadow hours). I have volunteered ~70 hours with my team around the community.

I know that it is best to submit my application ASAP, but when is considered late? (How soon do I need to have it submitted by?) I have been cramming for the DAT and neglected my application unfortunately.

I am from the Northwest USA and would prefer to stay as close to home as possible.... What schools do I have a competitive chance at getting into? I am planning to apply to UCLA, UCSF, OHSU, UW, Colorado, Minnesota, Midwestern (AZ), AT Stills, Roseman, Creighton, etc....

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Early is normally considered June to early/mid July from what i've heard. So I would recommend submitting soon. The school list you have seems solids, maybe find a few more to add just in case, we have similar stats and i'm applying to 13 schools. You have good stats so you should have a competitive chance at landing some interviews. Best of luck.

So you have a pretty unique background because you were an athlete for 4 years, and you have great scores! Since you know where you want to be located near, I would apply to schools that you would be interested in. Midwestern (AZ) is super expensive but a really nice school...so do your research and pick your schools based off similar stats. Also I think 10-13 schools should be good, just apply asap!

That is really impressive to be a college athlete and have that high of a gpa. The DAT score is great as well. I think you have a great shot at getting in to multiple schools. I would just put all of your free time into getting the appication done as soon as you can.

Reactions: 1 user