-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Where to apply as an Arizona resident??
Started by ClubbedPenguins
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
look into the WICHE program
I did but it seems like I have to have lived in Az for 5 years to qualify and I have only been here for 2 years. Does that sounds right?look into the WICHE program
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you end up applying to Midwestern-AZ or ASDOH, just make sure you’re comfortable owning $650,000+ in student loans. That’s a life altering amount of debt that will follow you for a very long time.
Honestly, if I were applying to dental school today and relying on loans, I wouldn’t even apply to those schools, among others.
Big Hoss
Honestly, if I were applying to dental school today and relying on loans, I wouldn’t even apply to those schools, among others.
Big Hoss
Ya I am definitely concerned with the cost of those schools. What are my other options as a Az resident? I have a 22AA, 23 PAT, 3.48 science and cumulative gpa, 140 shadowing hours, and a ton of volunteer hours. Thanks for your advice!If you end up applying to Midwestern-AZ or ASDOH, just make sure you’re comfortable owning $650,000+ in student loans. That’s a life altering amount of debt that will follow you for a very long time.
Honestly, if I were applying to dental school today and relying on loans, I wouldn’t even apply to those schools, among others.
Big Hoss
You’ll have to do some homework to find out which state schools offer in-state tuition after the first year.Ya I am definitely concerned with the cost of those schools. What are my other options as a Az resident? I have a 22AA, 23 PAT, 3.48 science and cumulative gpa, 140 shadowing hours, and a ton of volunteer hours. Thanks for your advice!
To be very real with you and all the other predents on here, the cost of a dental education is getting to the point where I likely wouldn’t have considered it as a career option. I got into medical school but turned it down for dentistry due to the “lifestyle.” But, having to earn $55,000 or more per year just to cover the interest on one’s student loans isn’t much of a “lifestyle.”
Big Hoss
Agreed. I would not go to dental school today. Esp not at MWU or ASDOH.You’ll have to do some homework to find out which state schools offer in-state tuition after the first year.
To be very real with you and all the other predents on here, the cost of a dental education is getting to the point where I likely wouldn’t have considered it as a career option. I got into medical school but turned it down for dentistry due to the “lifestyle.” But, having to earn $55,000 or more per year just to cover the interest on one’s student loans isn’t much of a “lifestyle.”
Big Hoss
I know several graduates from both of the schools that are really struggling. Most of them graduated three to five years ago with around 500k and have barely touched their principles
i don't care about their morals, what about their loan balance?Agreed. I would not go to dental school today. Esp not at MWU or ASDOH.
I know several graduates from both of the schools that are really struggling. Most of them graduated three to five years ago with around 500k and have barely touched their principles
🤣
Lol I assure you the loan balance affects their morals…suddenly periodontists are probing a bit harder…GPs doing crowns instead of fillings…Invisalign on everyone, the list goes on 😬i don't care about their morals, what about their loan balance?
🤣
But point taken principal is what I meant to type 😁
you mean to say some offices do 4 quads of SRP on every new patient?Lol I assure you the loan balance affects their morals…suddenly periodontists are probing a bit harder…GPs doing crowns instead of fillings…Invisalign on everyone, the list goes on 😬
But point taken principal is what I meant to type 😁
I graduated from Arizona State U. I remember discussing this very question with my pre-dent/med advisor. He had a list of dental schools that had in the past accepted Arizona students. This might be a start.
Like others have mentioned. The local dental schools here are too expensive.
Like others have mentioned. The local dental schools here are too expensive.
Is there any way you remember some of the schools on that list? I graduated two years ago so I don’t have an advisor to ask these questions to.I graduated from Arizona State U. I remember discussing this very question with my pre-dent/med advisor. He had a list of dental schools that had in the past accepted Arizona students. This might be a start.
Like others have mentioned. The local dental schools here are too expensive.
I'm sure you could reach out to the advisor from your school even though you graduated a few years ago.Is there any way you remember some of the schools on that list? I graduated two years ago so I don’t have an advisor to ask these questions to.