Advice would be appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fauowl2315

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so, I have worked at CVS as a tech for 8 1/2 years. I was always debating between medical school and pharmacy school. This past year I was accepted into a Masters of Biomedical Science program, which is a "bridge program" for medical school. However, I had a few things go in my personal life which affected my academic performance and I was dismissed from the program. I have been thinking what I want to do and finally decided I think Pharmacy school is where my passion is. Do you guys think me being dismissed from this MBS program will affect my chances of getting accepted into Pharmacy School?

Members don't see this ad.

Not as long as you have a bachelor’s degree with all the prerequisite courses and a good GPA, plus an average to good PCAT score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank about your life at CVS over the last 8 1/2 years. Is that what you want to do with the rest of your life, except with more pay, more loans, more resposibility, and more liability?

Ok so, I have worked at CVS as a tech for 8 1/2 years. I was always debating between medical school and pharmacy school. This past year I was accepted into a Masters of Biomedical Science program, which is a "bridge program" for medical school. However, I had a few things go in my personal life which affected my academic performance and I was dismissed from the program. I have been thinking what I want to do and finally decided I think Pharmacy school is where my passion is. Do you guys think me being dismissed from this MBS program will affect my chances of getting accepted into Pharmacy School?

If what happened with your academic performance truly was what I call “personal outliers” and not just you as a student, consider another SMP / post bac and work for that medical school slot. I’ve worked a few years myself in inpatient / outpatient in pharmacy. Without a shadow of a doubt I could wipe the floor with any incoming P1 pharmacy student, but when it’s all said and done it’s not really a passion just a job that comes with a check.

If your not mixing up the words “passion” and “settling” then by all means you’ll have no problem getting to pharmacy. Just know medical school is competitive for a reason

Last edited: