Aug 8, 2017
Long time lurker. Just want to start off by saying I know how slim my chances are here, but need to ask anyway. I'm afraid I'm wasting my time.

Like many of the non-trads on here, I was young and dumb. Got a ~2.25 in undergrad the first time around with nearly 160 credits.

Doing a post-bac now. Even with my 3.7 in all of my pre-reqs and upper level science and math classes, I won't be able to pull my GPA up above a 2.75 (if I even get there). This is with 3 years of GPA repair. I have tons of research and volunteering with the less fortunate.

Am I wasting my time? DO grade replacement going away was a huge blow. I'm in what most consider to be a luckier state and will be applying to my state schools next cycle. My MCAT practice steps (NS and FL1) were both above a 508 with no content review - probably because I've recently taken many of my pre-reqs. Hoping for a 513+ on the actual MCAT.

I welcome all advice. Please just be civil. Thanks SDN.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
Long time lurker. Just want to start off by saying I know how slim my chances are here, but need to ask anyway. I'm afraid I'm wasting my time.

Like many of the non-trads on here, I was young and dumb. Got a ~2.25 in undergrad the first time around with nearly 160 credits.

Doing a post-bac now. Even with my 3.7 in all of my pre-reqs and upper level science and math classes, I won't be able to pull my GPA up above a 2.75 (if I even get there). This is with 3 years of GPA repair. I have tons of research and volunteering with the less fortunate.

Am I wasting my time? DO grade replacement going away was a huge blow. I'm in a what most consider to be a luckier state and will be applying to my state schools next cycle. My MCAT practice steps (NS and FL1) were both above a 508 with no content review - probably because I've recently taken many of my pre-reqs. Hoping for a 513+ on the actual MCAT.

I welcome all advice. Please just be civil. Thanks SDN.
Read this:

Reactions: idontwearsocks
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads