Advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VUMD2be

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
heres my scenario:
I am looking to apply for the fall of '06, but I have not taken the MCAT. I am currently signed up to take the test in April, but I dont neccessarily feel really prepared for it. Ive been taking a TPR course and their practice exams (low-to-mid-20's on TPR diags) and I know theres still a little bit of time to study, but I was wondering what some of you that were accepted this year think I should do. Should I just take it and hope for the best, or should I wait until I am more prepared (ie August). Any advice would greatly appreciated...
-"vuDO2be"

Members don't see this ad.

VUMD2be said:
heres my scenario:
I am looking to apply for the fall of '06, but I have not taken the MCAT. I am currently signed up to take the test in April, but I dont neccessarily feel really prepared for it. Ive been taking a TPR course and their practice exams (low-to-mid-20's on TPR diags) and I know theres still a little bit of time to study, but I was wondering what some of you that were accepted this year think I should do. Should I just take it and hope for the best, or should I wait until I am more prepared (ie August). Any advice would greatly appreciated...
-"vuDO2be"

Take it in both April and August, so you can leave room for improvement. What is important is your highest score---not your lowest....

Buy the old AAMC tests and see how you do.

Members don't see this ad :)
JohnDO said:
Buy the old AAMC tests and see how you do.

This is not neccessary. TPR will provide you with these without additional charge. You take 2-3 of these before the actual MCAT.

Keep in mind that those old AAMC MCAT's given to you by TPR will be very close to your actual scores.

study hard and bust ass on the MCAT.

Take it in April and you should be cool. Just make sure your in good enough shape for it. I ended up studying 12 hours a day on the weekends in addition to my regular studies when I originally took it. That was for a period of 6 months prior to the test.

Take it in April. You may be suprised. Remember that the TPR tests you are taking now are not curved as the real MCAT is. You should have a better idea of where you stand when you take the final TPR practice exam.

Before you get to that point, though, I would plan on doing as many questions and practice exams as you could possibly get your hands on...TPR tests, old AAMC tests, online tests...whatever.