VUMD2be

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2004
Status
heres my scenario:
I am looking to apply for the fall of '06, but I have not taken the MCAT. I am currently signed up to take the test in April, but I dont neccessarily feel really prepared for it. Ive been taking a TPR course and their practice exams (low-to-mid-20's on TPR diags) and I know theres still a little bit of time to study, but I was wondering what some of you that were accepted this year think I should do. Should I just take it and hope for the best, or should I wait until I am more prepared (ie August). Any advice would greatly appreciated...
-"vuDO2be"

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
VUMD2be said:
heres my scenario:
I am looking to apply for the fall of '06, but I have not taken the MCAT. I am currently signed up to take the test in April, but I dont neccessarily feel really prepared for it. Ive been taking a TPR course and their practice exams (low-to-mid-20's on TPR diags) and I know theres still a little bit of time to study, but I was wondering what some of you that were accepted this year think I should do. Should I just take it and hope for the best, or should I wait until I am more prepared (ie August). Any advice would greatly appreciated...
-"vuDO2be"
Take it in both April and August, so you can leave room for improvement. What is important is your highest score---not your lowest....

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
JohnDO said:
Buy the old AAMC tests and see how you do.
This is not neccessary. TPR will provide you with these without additional charge. You take 2-3 of these before the actual MCAT.

Keep in mind that those old AAMC MCAT's given to you by TPR will be very close to your actual scores.

Robz

La Vie Boheme
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2003
Drinking Texas Tea
Status
Resident [Any Field]
study hard and bust ass on the MCAT.

Take it in April and you should be cool. Just make sure your in good enough shape for it. I ended up studying 12 hours a day on the weekends in addition to my regular studies when I originally took it. That was for a period of 6 months prior to the test.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Take it in April. You may be suprised. Remember that the TPR tests you are taking now are not curved as the real MCAT is. You should have a better idea of where you stand when you take the final TPR practice exam.

Before you get to that point, though, I would plan on doing as many questions and practice exams as you could possibly get your hands on...TPR tests, old AAMC tests, online tests...whatever.