Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, so I am not sure if I should have posted this in the WAMC thread, but it is also a more circumstance-specific question geared towards my admissions into pharmacy school. I will be applying to pharmacy schools this summer and here is my profile at the moment:
GPA: 3.45
PCAT: 81%
Other things:
-Have done research for 4 semesters in a biology lab (with a second author publication in submission)
-Certified pharmacy tech
-Worked in Hospital and Retail while juggling school and still working
-Started the Pre-Pharmacy club at my school and also started another club (I am also involved in several other organizations on my campus, but these are the main ones I dedicate my time to)
Here is the issue I am having. Although my profile looks somewhat okay, I was on academic probation for the second semester of my freshman year due to an honor code violation at my school (I actually failed my biology class because of this). I know this looks highly unfavorable towards admissions into pharmacy school, but I am unsure how to approach this in terms of admissions. Should I talk about this issue at the interview or my PharmCas essay to expand maybe how I feel I have overcome this and have learned from this experience? Would that be a good way to approach this issue? Has anyone known someone who has been through the same issue and if they got accepted or rejected to pharmacy school? I have definitely matured through the years, but I don't know what admissions will think regarding this issue.
I sincerely regret what I did in my Freshman year of college, and although I would like to change the past, there are some things I cannot change. I am just hoping admissions will be understanding.
Anybody who has any advice on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time, and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread.
GPA: 3.45
PCAT: 81%
Other things:
-Have done research for 4 semesters in a biology lab (with a second author publication in submission)
-Certified pharmacy tech
-Worked in Hospital and Retail while juggling school and still working
-Started the Pre-Pharmacy club at my school and also started another club (I am also involved in several other organizations on my campus, but these are the main ones I dedicate my time to)
Here is the issue I am having. Although my profile looks somewhat okay, I was on academic probation for the second semester of my freshman year due to an honor code violation at my school (I actually failed my biology class because of this). I know this looks highly unfavorable towards admissions into pharmacy school, but I am unsure how to approach this in terms of admissions. Should I talk about this issue at the interview or my PharmCas essay to expand maybe how I feel I have overcome this and have learned from this experience? Would that be a good way to approach this issue? Has anyone known someone who has been through the same issue and if they got accepted or rejected to pharmacy school? I have definitely matured through the years, but I don't know what admissions will think regarding this issue.
I sincerely regret what I did in my Freshman year of college, and although I would like to change the past, there are some things I cannot change. I am just hoping admissions will be understanding.
Anybody who has any advice on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time, and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread.