Aecom??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dafade

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone...Anyone have a word on the next batch of acceptances from Aecom? I've been waiting patiently since 1/31 and am getting restless. :mad:
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

You might consider just calling them... the receptionists at AECOM often tell you the status of your application over the phone. I interviewed the week before you and called last week and they told me my status. Hope you find out soon! Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Been waiting on aecom since 1/12, no decision on me yet. 11 weeks and counting....

I interviewed 1/16. I called last Wednesday and they told me that I should hear in another 2-3 weeks. I'm dying to hear from them but when I called I was told, "no news is good news". Good luck to everyone!

On a separate note, does anyone known about aecom's match results?

I interviewed 1/16. I called last Wednesday and they told me that I should hear in another 2-3 weeks. I'm dying to hear from them but when I called I was told, "no news is good news". Good luck to everyone!

On a separate note, does anyone known about aecom's match results?

No news is good news is what I've been thinking....my own personal theory is that they have some people on a post-interview hold but never sent out letters and are deciding based on the number of people that are still planning to come. But seriously....the clock is ticking....2-3 weeks from now will put us in May!!!!!

i got a post-interview hold a few weeks ago. it's supposed to be different from waitlist, but i didn't understand what the difference is. It took me about... 4-5 weeks to hear back.

I've been wondering the same thing. Interviewed on Jan 31 and they told me "within a few weeks" when I called last week. I did see a post where someone interviewed at the beginning of Feb and got in at the end of March. I don't know what the deal with that is; I guess they can't make up thier mind!!
Good Luck

Yeah, I interviewed 2/26 and have yet to hear anything back. I called thursday of last week and was told that there was no decision reached - didn't give me any info on when to expect a decision. oh well, might be waiting awhile.

Feb 12 interview waitlist letter received today dated April 20. According to letter very few people make it in off the waitlist.

:(

Almost the same: interviewed Feb 14, waitlist letter on April 21st.
:confused:
what to do now? do you know if they tell where on the waitlist you are?
How many people were on the waitlist last year?

Does anyone know Aecom's method of contact for acceptance?? All snail mail??
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Odd as it may seem, I just got accepted off the waitlist on Friday. I dont think Im the only one, since the email said "recipient list suppressed", which leads me to think it was a form email sent to more than one person.

It does seem odd to me that they are taking people off the waitlist, when some people havent even heard about the result of their interview.

edit : actually, to be more specific, Im not sure I was on the waitlist, since my letter said "your application has been favorably considered and you have been placed on our hold list"... letter date was Feb 8, and interview date was one month prior to that.

Hi everyone,
I just called AECOM today and found out I was waitlisted with a letter sent out dated April 20th. I interviewed Friday, Feb 16th. Hope this info is useful for other February interviewees.

Still waiting for just one acceptance. :(

don't count on aecom for getting in off the waitlist. They actually have 2 waitlists, one for now, and one where they narrow it down later on in May, so you could get thrown off of it at that point. Don't mean to sound down about it, but I applied last year and that's what happened to me, and I applied again this year, interviewed in January, and they still won't give me any notification, no status update, nothing. Just not very happy with them right now.

They definitely portray the unlikelihood of getting off the waitlist in the letter that's sent out, so I'm already planning on going elsewhere.. but will stay on the list to see how it turns out.

They definitely portray the unlikelihood of getting off the waitlist in the letter that's sent out, so I'm already planning on going elsewhere.. but will stay on the list to see how it turns out.

Really? I thought that them telling me that they were "happy to inform" me that my application was "very favorbaly considered" made my hold list result sound like it was much better than it actually is.

Also...do they mean waitlist when they mean hold? If they really mean hold...what the heck is that?:confused:

Really? I thought that them telling me that they were "happy to inform" me that my application was "very favorbaly considered" made my hold list result sound like it was much better than it actually is.

Also...do they mean waitlist when they mean hold? If they really mean hold...what the heck is that?:confused:

apparently you are on the one you want to be on. I got the same letter as you, and just got accepted off that hold list. I'll also be giving up the spot most likely.

apparently you are on the one you want to be on. I got the same letter as you, and just got accepted off that hold list. I'll also be giving up the spot most likely.

Hey...what was your response letter like? Did you send other information?

Hey...what was your response letter like? Did you send other information?

I didnt do anything special really - since there wasn't much new info to update, I just reiterated my interest in the school with reasons specific to AECOM, and why I felt that I in particular (with supporting info from my interview and application) am a good fit. I sent the letter in about two days after I got the "hold" letter in the mail, but it took 2.5 months before I got off the list.

If we interviewed in April, do you think they'd actually tell us after May 15th?

When I called I asked if I would hear before May 15th and the person on the phone said "it doesn't really matter if you hear before or after" lol... so apparently they don't really care about that day.

hELLO!

I interviewed on Feb 13 and I am waiting to hear.... I hope i get in..

so I called today and I was told that I am rejected from AECOME :( .. I really liked the school too.. Well good luck to all of you who have gotten in and who are still waiting!

I interviewed on February 13th too and I called today trying to find out what my status was... she said they hadn't decided yet and to call back in another few weeks. Whaaaat? I totally don't get it... I thought for sure if other people from my interview date heard, I should hear. It's getting awfully close to may 15th...

so I called today and I was told that I am rejected from AECOME :( .. I really liked the school too.. Well good luck to all of you who have gotten in and who are still waiting!

sorry to hear this. :(

I interviewed on February 13th too and I called today trying to find out what my status was... she said they hadn't decided yet and to call back in another few weeks. Whaaaat? I totally don't get it... I thought for sure if other people from my interview date heard, I should hear. It's getting awfully close to may 15th...

I interviewed January 16th and got my hold letter April 20th. I know someone else who interviewed on the same day as me and she was waitlisted in March. It is a looooong process.

i think all us AECOM waitlisters, as well as everyone else for that matter, will be getting alot more news after the 15th.. anyway, as for news/information in general, i called in the other day and was told that there were appx. 7300 applicants, 1200 interviews, and that they interviewed up until late march. i was also told that they havent yet finished reviewing the people interviewed in march and that after they have finished with that, they will then begin to sift through the waitlist : /

I interviewed last week of March. Just called in today and no decision has been made for me. Mmm, I shoulda asked the receptionist this, but they should still be giving out acceptances right?

Do you guys know anyone who got off their regular waitlist? How often does it happen? I also don't understand how they can accept from a waitlist that is not ranked??? They say there are 20 people on the waitlist around, say end of July, so if a spot opens up, how do they choose whom to accept?

what I believe it means is that thier is no specific factor that ranks the waitlist such as MCAT score, GPA, EC's, etc... I believe the compare the overall applicants that are left to each other which includes all the factors and then they make their choice. Just like for the regular admission they assign numbers to all parts of the application and if you have a total number of points that they are looking for your accepted if not rejected or waitlisted. I believe they do the samething with the waitlist. I think that total number for acceptance comes down when they need to fill spots off the waitlist. Whoever has the higest total number is accepted. That is how they consider it an unranked waitlist. The letter says very few it may mean litterlly one or two people at best. They first fill spots with people who are favorably reviewed first. Then they fill the spots with us. Good luck to all who are still on the waiting list like myself!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I thought what you (Kappy) described IS a ranked waitlist, but seems I was wrong. What is a real ranked waitlist then? I know they have about 400 on the waitlist first, then they cut it in half, and then they say there are less and less people. Do they sort them out again and again by reviewing many times or does the waitlist shrink after the first cut down just because people withdraw?
Thanks God I got into another school, because this all doesn't look too promising at Einstein for waitlisters.

A ranked waitlist is one which is based on a single part of the application which determines the order of the waitlist. For example, Touro DO school has a ranked waitlist based apon MCAT scores. The people with the higest MCAT score get taken off the waitlist first.

Was there any waitlist/hold/favorably reviewed list movement today?