AEGD/GPR vs. Working for someone or Co.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bu2008

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think would be more beneficial to a future GP? I am in my fourth year next year. It seems if you work get a job with a company and get to do a wide variety of cases that would be more beneficial to getting faster and learning, supplementing with CE courses. What do you guys think, Im kinda of torn. Thought about AEGD but now I dont know.

Members don't see this ad.

What do you think would be more beneficial to a future GP? I am in my fourth year next year. It seems if you work get a job with a company and get to do a wide variety of cases that would be more beneficial to getting faster and learning, supplementing with CE courses. What do you guys think, Im kinda of torn. Thought about AEGD but now I dont know.

getting a job with a company would be the worst. i assume by company you mean a mill type practice - staff turnover in these practices is very high for a reason. go for AEGD/GPR. if you want to work, join a practice with someone willing to mentor you for the first couple of years.

I basically have the same concerns.. although I'm not in dschoo yet...i start in the fall. I'm going the military route and I was wondering if its better to do their AEGD...or just use the 4 yrs of service, along w/ a lot of CE. I can't decide which would be more beneficial. Yes the AEGD gives you more education...but 4 yrs of nothing but practicing dentistry + CE teaches you a lot too...plus doesnt add another year of military service. I know i'm jumping the gun..but just thought i'd check