Aerobic Respiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question on Aerobic Respiration, currently I'm studying cliffs AP biology/Ferralis notes and also watching Chads biology just so i can supplement it with some visual aid. Chad says that the net production of Aerobic Respiration is 32, i.e. 2.5 ATP per NADH and 1.5 ATP per FADH2. In Cliffs it says that the net production is 36 ATP, i.e 3 ATP per NADH and 2 ATP per FADH2. Will there be a question on the DAT to know the specific amount of ATP produced and if so which one is the correct one? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I am pretty sure you do not need to know the specific amount for the actual exam since this is often a point of contention among the various biology resources. But you should try to understand the concept behind these numbers. In other words know how NADH and FADH2 are involved in the ETC to make ATP.

agree with the answers above. I had nothing near this level of detail on my DAT. As long as you know how many NADH and FADH2 are made I think you will be fine.