AF Available Base List/Dream Sheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isittoolate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just in the middle of my 3rd year of dental school currently, but wanted to get an idea of the "available base list." I know this is completely dependent on the year and obviously where there are openings, but approximately how many bases are available any given year? Is there any way to find this out? I cannot seem to find any resources regarding this, not sure if it is classified...

Regardless, I was just hoping for some insight on the "dream sheet" process. I have heard that it is variable- as some people get their first choice, others get their 15th...how many choices are we required and/or allowed to make?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been wondering what the more common assignment stations were too for the Navy. Also what Marine bases were usually open and how hard it was to get at one of those.

We weren't given a list of available bases this year. A general list of all bases with dental clinics was sent out and we were asked to select our top ten.