Af Hpsp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtthwscott1

mtthwscott1
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pending a squeaky clean background and decent stats (mcat/gpa) does everyone who will apply for the AF HPSP get in?

Members don't see this ad.

Pending a squeaky clean background and decent stats (mcat/gpa) does everyone who will apply for the AF HPSP get in?

Pretty much, but why would you want to go Air Force?

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you have a pulse? If so, you are in. (I am pretty sure we can waive nearly any medical condition, a pulse may be negotiable)

Do you have a pulse? If so, you are in. (I am pretty sure we can waive nearly any medical condition, a pulse may be negotiable)

What about a current HPSP student who was dx with a post TBI seizure disorder since signing up for HPSP? What happens to me now?

What about a current HPSP student who was dx with a post TBI seizure disorder since signing up for HPSP? What happens to me now?

Please forgive me but I have been overloaded with acronyms over the past year. What is TBI?

Seizure disorder will preclude you from flying status. However, if you are well controlled on meds, you may still be deployable. After all if a pt with Obstructive Sleep Apnea controlled with CPAP can be deployable to OEF, why can't seizure disorder? However, separations from the military for medical reasons are becoming more rare (in the past year alone!)

Please forgive me but I have been overloaded with acronyms over the past year. What is TBI?

Seizure disorder will preclude you from flying status. However, if you are well controlled on meds, you may still be deployable. After all if a pt with Obstructive Sleep Apnea controlled with CPAP can be deployable to OEF, why can't seizure disorder? However, separations from the military for medical reasons are becoming more rare (in the past year alone!)

Traumatic Brain Injury