Jul 31, 2017
Status
Medical Student
I am a 4th year medical student. I joined the wrong branch for me. I want to switch from the AF to the Navy. All I need is a Navy HPSP student who wants to switch to the AF. Are you out there? Praying/ hoping.

Atlas Shrugged

tern
7+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Kind of curious as to why? Air Force GME is dying/dead compared to the other services.

About the Ads

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Not home
Status
Attending Physician
Kind of curious as to why? Air Force GME is dying/dead compared to the other services.
It appears to me that they just got a 10-15 year head start on their version of rightsizing.

Reactions: MTGas2B

j4pac

Prior Flight Surgeon PM&R attending guy
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
www.med.navy.mil
My guess is that the OP is doing it for LOVE.

j4pac

Prior Flight Surgeon PM&R attending guy
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
www.med.navy.mil
Or for PM&R. The thought crossedy mind as a med student.
Transferring to Army for PMR would make sense. The Navy doesn't have PMR...which is why I'm no longer in the Navy.

Atlas Shrugged

tern
7+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Oh, I read it wrong. I thought you were trying to get INTO the USAF. Good choice trying to go Navy, but Army is still probably better purely from a numbers game/residency slots, unless you're trying to do something less competitive anyways.

HooahDOc

15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
It appears to me that they just got a 10-15 year head start on their version of rightsizing.
Are you referring to the eventual overall plan to phase out GME entirely save a few specialties critical to operations and shift to a nearly exclusive civilian workforce?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Not home
Status
Attending Physician
Are you referring to the eventual overall plan to phase out GME entirely save a few specialties critical to operations and shift to a nearly exclusive civilian workforce?
More or less.

About the Ads