affect of infraction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_scentral

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was told that it will not go on my criminal record because it is a civil infraction akin to a parking ticket
You should be fine then.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Stop using big words that you don't know how to use.

Relax, you're fine. Either pay the fine or show up to court and watch the judge sigh and throw the case.

There is no reason for you to be disrespectful. Why do you sound so mad that I am concerned about my future. This is a legitimate concern

Its game over dude, you might bounce back after 2-3 years in rehab, a DIY postbac in medical ethics and jurisprudence and a letter of pardon from Angela Merkel.

Just kidding. if its not on record its not worth stressing over.

Reactions: 1 users
You already have your answer, straight from the source. Unless you were a dick to the cop, there's no reason not to believe him.

If asked on a secondary, disclose it truthfully.

What else do you want to know? Affect of infraction? I guess it depends on how you feel about it at the time? I was pissed when I got a ticket that claimed I was going 20+ over when a Bimmer blew past me. Blind cop but whatever. My affect is passive.

I have to ask because of how oddly you phrased things. Did this happen in the U.S. And are you planning on going to an American medical school?

Yes this happened in the US and I plan on going to medical school here. May I ask how was it oddly phrased?

Do you think it hinders my chances of getting into a med school in the U.S.?

thank you guys for the advice. Sorry for the mistake I meant how much would the situation effect me in the grand scheme of things? I've seen people stress out about alcohol related incidents so I wanted to know if what I did was worse. I think my situation is worse because it shows bad character and dishonesty and tbeft but maybe I am over thinking the situation which is why I wanted others' opinion

*affect

argg I keep being corrected lol you know what I mean just answer my question :(

argg I keep being corrected lol you know what I mean just answer my question :(

Chill out. You're fine.

Disclose it only if asked. Out of the 20 some-odd secondaries I returned, I didn't have any that asked me to list friggin' parking tickets (though, I've heard there are a couple schools that do).

Effect vs. affect:
"What effect will this infraction have on my chances of getting into medical school?"
"How will this infraction affect my chances of getting into medical school?"

I'm just messing around. I'm not even sure if this falls under the category of things that they ask you to report. If they say "anything but parking tickets" then obviously you'll have to report it. This seems like a relatively insignificant infraction but it's only a matter of time before someone chimes in that this is indicative of a serious character flaw, that you're likely to commit fraud as a doctor, and other horrendous things. Because this is SDN.

thank you so much. I've figured that from the short time I've been here. I am just worried about it coming to haunt me

Fine, I'll take one for the team. :arghh:

Your medical career is over. When compared to other candidates, there are MILLIONS of other pre-meds that do not have an infraction on their record.
When it comes down to it, assuming everything else equal, you vs. Ms. Goody-Two-Shoes, which one will the school take? If you lied about this, how can the school be sure that you won't lie about something else? What if God forbid, you lie to all the vulnerable patients under your care and swindle MILLIONS of dollars out of them? Why would any school take the risk?

/sarcasm
This seems like a relatively insignificant infraction but it's only a matter of time before someone chimes in that this is indicative of a serious character flaw, that you're likely to commit fraud as a doctor, and other horrendous things. Because this is SDN.

Does anyone know how thorough the background search for med schools is? Does AMCAS do one and medical schools do another? Just want to know if they will see infractions because this goes in as "theft of services" scary term

Btw a lawyer actually told me online that it is indicative of a serious character flaw which is why I am so concerned