General Admissions & OTCAS Affordable OT schools for out of state applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandy54

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any affordable OT schools for non-resident's of that state? I'm from Texas, but I'm trying to apply for out of state programs that aren't too pricey in tuition.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of any affordable OT schools for non-resident's of that state? I'm from Texas, but I'm trying to apply for out of state programs that aren't too pricey in tuition.
Ha. I was just about to suggest Texas.

Most OT programs are between 45K ( In state Resident ) to 80K ( for Private Colleges) for two years approx.The average annual out-of-state cost for a bachelor program in Occupational Therapy/Therapist is $38,793 with an estimated average four year degree total cost of $155,172. The most affordable bachelor program is offered by Baker College of Flint at an annual $15,480 out of state total cost. This represents a 60% discount from the national average program cost. Eastern Kentucky University has the nation's most popular bachelor program for Occupational Therapy/Therapist with 56 degrees awarded per year. They offer Masters also as you would know and mostly everyone pursues a Masters and most colleges in the West coast are more expensive than the East Coast and the Mid West region. Private will be close to 100K with all tuition and everything including. State Universities like SJSU and SFSU are about 70K for 30 months.

Reactions: 1 user