After PCO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ttn003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have already been interviewed by PCO and have heard something back, can you please let me know how long it takes to get a response and if it was good or bad news..AND what kinds of suggestions they give u? Thanks..please post!

Members don't see this ad.

It took me a month but Christmas and New Years were in between there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had my interview yseterday.. they said it owuld take between 3-4 weeks

i interviewed nov. 20. i got my acceptance a wk later by email, 2 wks by mail.

thanks for the responses guys....waiting sucks =/

i got a letter one week after my interview...which said..i'll get a response in 3-4 weeks of my interview...
did anyone else get a letter like that???

ha...i got that too. i think its just generic...tomor will be the fourth week and i still havent heard anything, should i call?

i hate waiting... :scared: even tho i just had my interview yesterday!

haha omgosh...tell me about it...the last few weeks has been awful for me...im just in a rut

I interviewed at PCO on October first, I am still waiting to find out..its hurdle after hurdle. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took me about a month... depends on when you interview and when the committee meets really.

i was told that when they decide, they usually send you an email the day of

ahhh, ur still waiting from october??????

Hopefully sometimes next week, since the admission committee will meet together this Friday. Keep our fingers cross! Good luck! ;)

hey whitelily! how did u know that the committee will meet this Friday? and how often do they meet? some people haven't even heard anything since October, that's way too long!

ha, i interviewed january 10th and they were meeting that friday, jan 12th, but my application wasn't going to be included in that cycle...so it was going to be included during the 26th friday meeting (since they meet every two weeks) and i still haven't heard back...ahh maybe ill hear something tomorrow...*crosses fingers*

hmm, should i call and ask what's taking so long? do you know if they just decide in one day on a friday? that's a lot of applications for one day...im so confused...i want to call, but i dont want to seem obsessive....

Definitely call them. Don’t worry about being obsessive. Just be really friendly on the phone. The committee does meet on Friday from what I was told and they usually email you on Monday. This happened to me a couple of time. The first time was to tell me that I had to write an addendum, and then to tell me I was accepted.

i just interviewed this past monday. if they are getting together thsi friday, that means i will probably know right?

im sooooo scared :(

I do hope you hear soon! Good luck

hey chrissy! did they say ur application would be included in this week's cycle??

hey chrissy! did they say ur application would be included in this week's cycle??

hey! i didnt ask.. lol
so i guess i shouldnt assume they will be looking at me this friday. i was just being hopeful:laugh:

wannabeOD - is your file complete? maybe they are still waiting for LORS, or transcripts? have you tried calling to see if your application is complete?

hey chrissy! im really nervous too...they said 3-4 weeks...and my file was suppose to be for the friday meeting of 26th...and i still havent heard anything back...so its killing me because i been checking my email every 5 minutes for two weeks...talk about obsessive...do they just decide all in one day ??

im really not sure! is your file complete? that could be one main factor. they probably cant make a decision if you have say... a missing LOR or something right?

that's just what im thinking...

my file is like 99.5% complete. my updated transcript was sent off on the 26th, and my final LOR was sent off last friday.. so everything is just rolling in now. i probably wont hear from them this week :S

good luck to u!

haha yea it's complete...the admissions counselor said im all set...and the only thing she needed was my microbiology grade which i already emailed her...so i should be done... i guess ill just call tomor. ahhh! technically yesterday was the start of the 4th week...i guess i can call now...i wont give them till next wednesday...cuz then that would be between 4 - 5 weeks...ha, im obsessive...

haha, i called this morning at 8:40 am cuz im obsessive...they said my status hasn't changed, so it hasn't been reviewed yet...so it's probably going to be reviewed this friday...so the emails get sent out either friday afternoon or monday morning...haha, i hope its friday so i dont have to wait the whole weekend...

haha, so i guess if i find out friday...or monday...i guess its towards the latter of the 3-4 weeks...im taking abnormal psych now and i think i should diagnose myself with OCD...

It's Finally Friday...
Anyone Got An E-mail Yet?

i had my interview more than three weeks ago and I just emailed the counselor and she said that my file will either be reviewed today or in another two weeks....

i wonder what's keeping them from reviewing certain student's file because some were interviewed like two months ago...I am missing a LOR and they told me that it can still be reviewed...

anyone hear nething from PCO??

Who are you guys emailing at PCO? Which admissions counsellor?

Yay! Finally! I received an email from them today. Anyone else got the good news? :)

ahh, I didn't get an email!!! I hope it comes Monday...because my last name is at the end of the alphabet....BOOOOOO *crosses fingers*

maybe they look at applications by the time received. so people who applied early would get their apps looked at first.
i realized that there is one seat for every 2 applications(just about). that means, the ratio of interviews given should be even closer, rite??
:( waiting sucks.

I turned in my application early Dec. Hang in there! You'll hear from them soon!

well congrats white lily!!! mind sharing your stats?

ahh, my interview was january 10th. I hope i hear monday! *crosses fingers*

They have my LOR's, all of my pre-req's are complete, I took the OAT...I've done it all, now they've requested a second OAT...and midterm grades, so the waiting continues, and Im scared to death

what do you mean they want a 2nd OAT and midterm grades? They're telling you to take the oat again? Why wouldn't they ask for it before you interviewed? And midterm grades? I don't know about your school, but mines don't post midterm grades, only final grades. Just call and clarify with them what they want.