After PCO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone who got intervied during week of jan29 hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone who got intervied during week of jan29 hear anything yet?

Hello :) I interviewed with you and have not heard anything yet. Monday makes 3 weeks, right? Good luck to ya, let me know when you get accepted. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Tomorrow is Friday which is the next committee meeting....let's hope we hear something good from them...keep me posted everyone

i interviewed feb 5th...... hopefully they will get to mine too.. the wait is killing me!!!

for those who heard on a friday, what time do they send out the email?

Do they e-mail on monday as well or..only friday??

I just called in and they said that they email fridays and mondays...but for this meeting, they probably email on monday cause she said the meeting is pretty long today...

just called... and found out i was accepted to PCO :)

congrats!!! I interviewed on the 9th. I wonder if they made a decision on me yet

they said they are sending out emails today! good luck everyone!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm in too!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats guys...
are you guys calling or did you get email>?

I called in and they told me they just emailed it

hey.. i called this morning.. but she said she was about to send out an email. I got the acceptance email 10 min later.

Congratulations guys/gals! :D

I got an email today saying I'm on HOLD upon the grades for my spring semester. Could I know the stats on the people who got into PCO?
also, did anybody take anatomy and physiology prior to applying to PCO? I'm currently taking a microbiology and psych course. I dont know how much the grades for these classes will affect my application. is this basically a pre-rejection? how many from the HOLD list actually get in?
ugh...PCO was my first choice!

I got an email today saying I'm on HOLD upon the grades for my spring semester. Could I know the stats on the people who got into PCO?
also, did anybody take anatomy and physiology prior to applying to PCO? I'm currently taking a microbiology and psych course. I dont know how much the grades for these classes will affect my application. is this basically a pre-rejection? how many from the HOLD list actually get in?

TS 350
AA 330

I am a Physiology and Pharmacology major - I am also taking anatomy right now. I have a microbio course, but I dont have the lab component. I was going to take it this summer for entry into PCO... BUT they told me yesterday that I only have to complete an assignment - so I wont have to take it this summer :)

***Hey! I had an interview back in november and they put me on hold for my fall grades. I'm a physiology major and statistics minor & I already had taken both anatomy and physiology before i applied to pco. Don't worry too much as long as you do well spring semester you'll be fine. my stats:

TS: 360
TA: 330
GPA:3.4
Good luck & i hope you get in!

You have some high stats. i'm surprised they put you on hold. that means i have like no shot huh. haha

I interviewed on Feb 1st and have not gotten an email! Anyone else have this issue? I guess I will email them.

haha, i interviewed JANUARY 10th and I'm still waiting for a decision...beat all of yaa...:p *shrugs* not keeping my hopes up...BOO

Got an email today saying that I might hear next week! LOL Whatever...I'm over it!

OH MY GOODNESS! WOAHHH, at least you got an email from them....I received nada....I give up...just kidding...when was your interview...mine was Jan. 17th which is ages ago..haha

u guys will hear from them! :) gL!

Feb 2nd...wtf Jan that is crazy, they haven't told you ANYTHING? Geez, talk about torture.

Hey guys/gals,
did anyone had their exit interview with Todd? Got his e-mail??
thx

call them up directly and ask for colleen, she's the other admissions officer.

well...lol, they did email me 4 weeks from my interview date that they're putting my application on hold until i write an addendum and they'll re-review my file....so I'm hoping they give me a decision this friday...ahhh...!

Are they asking everyone that has already had an interview to write an addendum?

i think only if they find it necessary i guess...

did anybody get an email from them? let me know...I got the good news today!

I got in!!! I got my email today! Wooohoooo:D

me tooo! but does it say provisional acceptance for everybody??

Yes...that just means you need to finish a pre-req or turn in something else. No worries!

for those of you that got in,
can you post your stats. I'm on HOLD at PCO and Im also wondering when they might make a final decision on me

Maybe you should post your stats so we can see why you are on hold?

I'm in a similar boat as you--they want my mid-term grades. So i'm on pseudo-hold.

Stats:

3.33 GPA
3.56 Pre-req GPA
300 OATS ( it's a numbers game)
Great experience
Great letters
Great Interview

my stats are
3.1 GPA
340 AA
330 TS
i also had great letters, interview

are you submitting mid term grades? or your final grades at the end of the semester?
also, what classes are you taking?

I'm going to send unofficial mid-term grades after spring break.
Courses:
Org II
Comp Vert Anatomy
Evolution
Bio Seminar

you?

Hey- dont forget about me, I started the boat. I've been on hold since OCTOBER...I am the queen of "hold." I had a great interview (or so I thought), great letters of rec., I work in two optometry practices, and still I'm on hold.

Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre-req GPA: 3.5
OAT TS: 300
AA: 300

They told me to take 18 credits to make myself more competitive..so I did, then they wanted fall grades...did that too..now they want a second OAT.
Im retaking the OAT in a week, I've studied so much more then I did the first time...so hopefully that helps. They also want midterm progress reports (what the heck am I in 3rd grade?...maybe they'd like a parent teacher conference too!..can you sense the animosity?) I figure they have at least 100 seats full if not more, and I wont go to the committee again until april so by then even more will be gone. Optometry is what I want to do, nothing even compares...so I get to sit here and wait. Seriously though, your not alone..it has to be a numbers game. Im just a pawn in PCO's game, and Im not they only one. Its by far the worst emotional rollercoaster I've ever been on, and Im sure you'd both agree. STAY CONFIDENT! Good Luck!

Hey, I have some what similar stats with some of you
gpa 3.3
OAT t/s a/a 330

I interviewed and like they'd told me, 3 weeks later I received my letter of acceptance. Did anyone interviewed with Jeff? He was really nice.

if any of you are still waiting like me, i called yesterday and they said they will be having another meeting this Friday, so we can expect to hear back from them sooooon :cool:

Whoa Whoa Whoa....they're meeting this friday? Did they say why? Will they still meet next friday?

For those of you who were accepted last week, are you all going to pco?

Has anyone asked how many seats are full?

I'm declining my seat as well...good luck everyone!:)

I feel like I should say thanks...so thanks. I kinda feel like I have a teeny bit more of a chance! Good luck to you both!

They put me on HOLD for my semester grades.
i think they're meeting this friday for applicants who just had their interview, not for people on HOLD.
my schedule:

psychology
english
microbiology
(all the pre-reqs)