After PCO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey - can i ask why you guys are declining? where have u decided to go? im on the fence right now about declining the seat at PCO..

also, how did you guys notify them?

Members don't see this ad.

I have nothing negative to say about PCO, I just didn't "feel it" while I was there, you know!

I was notified of my acceptance 3 1/2 weeks after my interview. My stats are GPA 3.55 Science GPA 3.45 OAT AA 350 TS 360. I decided to decline my seat mainly due to the person who interviewed me. He was an extremely condescending individual who was on a bit of a power trip. He was very arrogant and rolled his eyes after almost every answer I gave. I knew I didn't want to go to PCO 5 minutes into my interview. Aside from that the school is in the middle of nothing and if you want to have any fun you need to ride the train into Philly. The clinic is also pretty far from the school which is a bit of a turn off.:(

Members don't see this ad :)
hey - can i ask why you guys are declining? where have u decided to go? im on the fence right now about declining the seat at PCO..

I felt the same as odforme, just didn't quite feel as comfortable as I did at SCO (where I was accepted the week before my PCO interview). Memphis is similar to the city I live in now, so it'd be easier to adjust. Plus I'm married, so both of us have to be happy with where we live (husband has a connection in Memphis for a job, which is our priority right now). We did agree for me to apply to PCO so that if I just got accepted there we would go (young couple, no kids, not that hard), but since I had a choice, I'm declining. Plus it's too cold! :D

I was wondering if anyone who got accepted on Friday March 9th received there letter of acceptance in the mail yet. My mailman has a tendency to deliver mail to the wrong house and I know they don't give you that much time to respond to their letter. Thanks!! :)

nope haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.

Called today- spoke with Todd: he said there are 119 confirmed students as of today and the committee is not meeting tomorrow, they will be meeting next week as scheduled. Just thought I'd share my misery with the rest of you.

I interviewed at PCO on October 20. The lady (I don't remember her name) who interviewed me was extremely nice. She even told me about some special programs that I could get involved with, which was especially impressive. I applied only to PCO and was provisionally accepted in December (now a confirmed first year student). I didn't feel like paying a lot for the applications and PCO was really the only school I was interested in. It's the closest opt school to where I live and that was another reason why I chose it. PCO is definitely not in the middle of nowhere, and I know what the middle of nowhere is like since I live there. PCO also has one of the best reputations. I briefly considered NOVA but when I found out about their accredation problems, I quickly wrote them off the possibilities list. I would never attend a school that has problems with their academics.

The one thing you do have to be concerned about with PCO is staying on top of things. They can be pretty vague about the admissions process; they could make some improvements to their admissions dept. Whenever I had a question or needed to check something, I always gave them a call and quickly got an answer back. The main turn off to me is how expensive it is to get an apt near the school. It's insane!

Beachgurlie: I got my letter today, saturday.

Thanks odforme for the update! I got mine on Friday. :thumbup:

Sooooo ... it's Friday again! Anyone heard anything new??? I called around 3 and they told me they're still in the meeting... gosh i think that means waiting till MONDAY!

Have any of you heard from pco/been accepted?

The wait continues.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you heard from pco/been accepted?

The wait continues.....

Nope! they told me i was supposed to hear last friday and then bugged them the following monday when i didn't hear anything yet and another two weeks!! ... waiting is killing :scared:

Well, I just did an interview there and they told me the commitee meets about every 2 to 3 weeks. Good luck to everyone.

Does anyone know how many seats are filled/left at PCO??

Thanks!:)

at my interview yesterday, the admissions officer said there was around 20 something seats left.

Has anyone heard from PCO lately? Any acceptances from the March interviews?

I was interviewed on March 16th. I wrote to Todd, my exit interviewer, asking him about my status on Monday. He wrote back on Tuesday saying that my file is currently being reviewed and that he hopes to have an answer for me by the end of yesterday. Well, yesterday went by with nada. So, I'm kind of worried. Reading the past posts from this thread, people who got accepted recieved emails informing them of their acceptance. Well, I haven't gotten any emails since, so...I've been thinking about the worst that can happen to me; and that is that I got rejected. :( :( :(

Thank you for posting but don't lose hope - no reply does not mean rejection. My friend is waiting for PCO and interviewed around the same time you did but she has not heard -- they said that the director of the program has been in and out --- so hopefully you'll hear something soon. Keep calling!

From what I gather, the committee met last Friday to review and rereview files. I was told that I would get an answer late Friday afternoon or right away Monday morning, but the man who does the final reviews and looks everything over (Dr. Caldwell) was out until yesterday. I spoke with Todd yesterday afternoon and said he hadn't heard any results from this previous meeting. Just keep your eyes peeled for an email, that's about all I can say.

thanks guys. all this waiting has really eaten me up inside. i really hope i'll hear some news by the end of this week.

has anyone heard news from PCO yet? it's still nada for me. looks like i'll be making some phone calls if monday rolls around with nothing.

has anyone heard news from PCO yet? it's still nada for me. looks like i'll be making some phone calls if monday rolls around with nothing.

I called them on Tuesday and they said to wait another week or two. They said they'd email us as soon as they know. I'm worried that they may be out of seats...anyone know??

Thanks

I had my interview on March 9. I finally called Colleen, who told me the meeting went very well n I should hear something thurs. or friday. Well, never heard from PCO, so I gave them a call. I talked to a general admissions person who knew nothing. All she could tell me was that all files were not finalized. She couldn't give me a time span of when we would hear. A dr. I work for has been trying to get a hold of Caldwell to see whats been going on. He wrote back saying that my file was reviewed friday, n I should hear either late friday or early mon. So coming from him, I'm hoping its early monday. Has any March interviews been accepted n does anybody no how many seats are left?

any luck anyone?

Last I heard all the seats were full (as of April). But some people may decide not to come, so more seats may open up.

i just got an email from todd informing my acceptance. i think there still might be some seats left, so keep checking your emails. good luck everyone! :)

yay congrats! i'll be seeing you in august! :D

Does anyone know for sure how many seats are left? Is anyone on the HOLD status like me? and if so, why are you on HOLD? They wanted to see my grades for the spring semester (which I think doesnt really matter) so I'm trying to gauge realistically my shots here.

Nancy called today to inform me that the committee wants me to take their student enrichment program to show that I can handle the course work. She mentioned that all seats are full, n that their are 153 confirmed students.

What is the student enrichment program? and how many seats does PCO leave available?

The student enrichment program, is where you basically prove that you can do the work. You actually take a sample of each course that a first year student will take. If you get A's and B's then they will accept you for the following year, or if a seat is available for the same year you applied. In my case my OAT was alittle low, I had all the other pieces. So, the committee felt this was their way of seeing if I can handle the course work.

when would you take this program?