After receiving MCAT scores.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted???!?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
USArmyDoc said:
Guys,
I want to go to either an osteopathic or allopathic school. It does not matter to me. However, I think after receiving my MCAT scores back allopathic schools are out of reach for right now. I will be retaking in August no matter what. I preferably want to go to NYCOM. Here are my stats:

GPA:3.73
Science GPA: 3.65
MCAT: 23N :mad:
Good EC's and LOR's

Am I screwed because of my MCAT???!?

Hey there... are you from NY? I got into NYCOM with a 23O and my best friend got in with a 22M. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

deleted

Last edited:
USArmyDoc said:
Dr. Beanie,
Yes, I am from New York. I would LOVE to go to NYCOM. The only issue I have with it and this may sound shallow is location. I wanted to get away from home and now if I don't do drastically better than I'll be 15 minutes away!!! If you do not mind me asking, what is your race because people keep saying to me "You are white you need to do better, etc." I do not believe this is true but we will see. Thanks man

I totally understand the whole - I want to be away from home - idea. I'm from Staten Island, so while NYCOM isn't around the block it's still close to home. The hospitals through which the students rotate during their 3rd and 4th years makes it one of the best osteopathic schools, in my humble opinion. I applied to nine other schools aside from NYCOM, and turned down all other interviews once I was accepted. It was the only place that I wanted to go.

I'm a 22 year old Italian female. Is Italian a race?? Haha, I guess Caucasian would be sufficient. There's nothing individual about my background that made me an exceptional candidate for the school. I'm a traditional student, who graduated from SHU last month. I've already told you my MCAT, and my overall GPA was a 3.98. I think that as a NY resident you have a tremendous advantage (not to say that non-NY residents don't get in, because obviously they do.) Also, if you can get a letter of recommendation from a DO that will help you tremendously.

If there's anything else I can do to help you, let me know.