Age and matching for Residency

Started by spursss
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spursss

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I will be 31 when I finish medical school, will the different residency programs for neurosurgery look down upon me because I am older?
 
spursss said:
If I will be 31 when I finish medical school, will the different residency programs for neurosurgery look down upon me because I am older?
I am 32 applying this year and my home program as well as the other places I have done sub-Is have only been supportive. I should say I look really young (like 24-25 even sometimes confused for 18) so I am not sure people realize how old I am until they see when I graduated from undergrad.
 
Well that is good to know. You should let me know how it goes as you finish applying and get accepted. Also, where are you applying? Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spursss said:
If I will be 31 when I finish medical school, will the different residency programs for neurosurgery look down upon me because I am older?


btw, what is the mean age of a US MD when applying for a residency?