Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would never want to say to someone, "you're to old to go to med school" because it really would depend on the individual, their personal health and stamina. I have to admit, though, from a purely physical standpoint, I am mighty glad I am doing this at 40 and not 58!
I do think, from a purely financial point of view, it doesn't make sense to go to medical school after you get much above 40. I am saying this from a purely numbers point of view because you would never be able to pay off your student loans before you die. You'd be saddled with those payments until you went into the grave.
Yea, I didn't want to say anything about debt because at the age of 58 an individual might have a nice bit saved up and be able to finance med school and then some.
I just can't see starting an 8+ year process at the age of 58.
