Veteran Medical School Applicant/Matriculant Data Set

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nobadwaves

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any datasets that focus on veteran success in the medical school application process? I see ones focused on race, gender, and SES here, 2025 FACTS: Applicants and Matriculants Data , but nothing focused on veterans.
I've sent an email to AAMC for help, but didn't know if anyone new of any readily available resources.
 
I'm currently in an email discussion with AAMC over a data set.

They said it is outside of their traditional scope and that it would cost $500.

Assuming this is based on some arbitrary policy, I have asked that it be escalated to a higher level based on the providing of data surrounding topics like gender, race/ethnicity, state of residence, while not providing data for veterans (a federally protected and socially marginalized group) is inequitable.

Additionally, adding a slicer to a pivot table to get MCAT and GPA data points takes a few moments of time.

Anyone have any tips on having these discussions?
 
There's not much. I can give you this report to start.

The data you want is not strategically aligned with them. Your better bet is to bank the idea for a potential research project so that your future PI/mentor can pay AAMC the $500 (it's their policy that they stick to everyone requesting data). (Or contact us after you get accepted and if you are still looking for a research benefactor... 🙂 )