This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militarymd

SDN Angel
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How old are all you guys and gals?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
27 - Was setting up for a central line on a patient in the ICU last week and just as I was leaning towards her with the lidocaine syringe, she asked "Are you old enough to be a doctor?" :laugh:

40 (wow -seems to be a lot when I actually see this number down)!I have to go back to plankton post about a good drink...

I felt 18 after med school. 48 after residency.

I'm 24 but being in med school, not having a job, and getting an "allowance" from Uncle Sam all makes me feel like a 12 year-old who can drink beer, ruin his appetite with cookies and stay up as late as he wants.

pretty sweet honestly. :cool:

27 - Was setting up for a central line on a patient in the ICU last week and just as I was leaning towards her with the lidocaine syringe, she asked "Are you old enough to be a doctor?" :laugh:

I still get that.

25 and will be fully licensed to practice medicine after two months.:D

27, get the look constantly. mostly from family members. the scrubs and OR hat don't help.

32 although people often think I'm in my mid-20's. Maybe it's because I'm only MS II. I'm going to be 40 by the time I'm done with residency :(

30. 1st yr in private practice.

I am so tired of all my patients looking at me and wondering if I am old enough to drink. I tell them I stayed at a holiday Inn Express Last night and I will be doing their Anesthesia.

32 although people often think I'm in my mid-20's. Maybe it's because I'm only MS II. I'm going to be 40 by the time I'm done with residency :(

Ah, same here, if I do anes. F... it. You only live once. It's part of the adventure, this crazy thing called med school. I'm enjoying 3rd year, and am in the process of scheduling an elective in anesthesiology for January. I hope it gets accepted cause my school only has ONE option for an anes rotation for 3rd years. I didn't get it, so now I'm doing an "independent study" at my school's program (not officially open to 3rd years), assuming it gets approved.

Seriously though, I can't wait. Already approved by the Chairman of anes, but needs sign off by the academic dude at my school for final approval......

cf