About the Ads
About the Ads

neuroride

15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2006
SD
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
27 - Was setting up for a central line on a patient in the ICU last week and just as I was leaning towards her with the lidocaine syringe, she asked "Are you old enough to be a doctor?" :laugh:

2win

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
40 (wow -seems to be a lot when I actually see this number down)!I have to go back to plankton post about a good drink...

coldweatherblue

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm 24 but being in med school, not having a job, and getting an "allowance" from Uncle Sam all makes me feel like a 12 year-old who can drink beer, ruin his appetite with cookies and stay up as late as he wants.

pretty sweet honestly. :cool:

militarymd

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
27 - Was setting up for a central line on a patient in the ICU last week and just as I was leaning towards her with the lidocaine syringe, she asked "Are you old enough to be a doctor?" :laugh:

I still get that.

About the Ads

DET0897

DET
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
36. Still get carded for cigars and epidurals.

nutmegs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2003
Status (Visible)
27, get the look constantly. mostly from family members. the scrubs and OR hat don't help.

Bluemirage

15+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2003
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
32 although people often think I'm in my mid-20's. Maybe it's because I'm only MS II. I'm going to be 40 by the time I'm done with residency :(

About the Ads

drccw

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
29... worked one year in academics and now into my first year in private practice

Lonestar

15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2002
Status (Visible)
30. 1st yr in private practice.

I am so tired of all my patients looking at me and wondering if I am old enough to drink. I tell them I stayed at a holiday Inn Express Last night and I will be doing their Anesthesia.

cfdavid

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
32 although people often think I'm in my mid-20's. Maybe it's because I'm only MS II. I'm going to be 40 by the time I'm done with residency :(

Ah, same here, if I do anes. F... it. You only live once. It's part of the adventure, this crazy thing called med school. I'm enjoying 3rd year, and am in the process of scheduling an elective in anesthesiology for January. I hope it gets accepted cause my school only has ONE option for an anes rotation for 3rd years. I didn't get it, so now I'm doing an "independent study" at my school's program (not officially open to 3rd years), assuming it gets approved.

Seriously though, I can't wait. Already approved by the Chairman of anes, but needs sign off by the academic dude at my school for final approval......

cf

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.