AGH, Pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prankster

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the Allegheny General and Univ. of Pittsburgh programs (good and bad)? Any current residents here?

Members don't see this ad.

reviving an old post...anyone have any insights?

reviving an old post...anyone have any insights?
They seemed very busy and understaffed. It seems like they were pushing it for only having 3 residents/year. I believe however AGH is adding one more for the upcoming year. Also I'm not sure how it would be to always be under the shadow of UPMC. Other than that AGH seems to be a very friendly program and devoted faculty.

Members don't see this ad :)
UPMC is obviously much more prestigious, takes five residents per year, is busier, offers internal fellowships in neurophysiology and stroke, has an neurointerventional program friendly towards neurologists, and opens many fellowship doors.

AGH is usually underrated. They're very busy, too, but not as much as UPMC, take four residents per year, offer internal fellowships in neurophysiology and stroke, do not have an interventional program friendly to neurologists (run by radiology and favors rads and NSG), and opens many fellowship doors, but less than UPMC.

UPMC offers more research opportunity, too.

I think that if Pittsburgh were a coastal or more cosmopolitan city, then the AGH program would be much more competitive.

Bump. Anyone have anything to say about these programs?