U Pittsburgh Chair

Started by PhakeDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhakeDoc

Mudder Phudder
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know the status of the Chairman search @ UPitt? I'm interviewing there in about a month and am a bit concerned going to places that are in flux b/c new Chairs can totally alter the vibe of a place (both good and bad).

Thanks.
 
Here is what I've heard from another thread:

"I also heard from others that the current interim chair, Lawrence Wechsler, is going to become the permanent chair. He is a nationally recognized stroke doctor, and is well thought of by everyone I've talked to. I do know that the fellowship director at UPMC recently left for CCF, but I am unclear as to the reasons why he left."

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=8638853&postcount=9

but if anyone else could chime in, that'd be great as I am interviewing there as well.
 
Thanks for posting that thread...totally forgot about it. Looks like you and I will be likely crossing paths on the interview trail.
 
Interviewed at Pitt last week, and Dr. Wechsler is already the new chair there. He was one of my interviewers, a terrific guy. I'll write up my impressions next week sometime.