Ah need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Robot Unicorn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so! I just found out recently that at my school, bio majors can only stay for 4 years, but I was planning on staying for 5 to get all of the research and everything else I want to get in! So my plan is to switch out of bio and into art history (since I have already taken a lot of the classes for it) and just minor in bio instead.

The only problem with this though is that there really aren't too many art history classes left before I would finish the major so I would just be taking a lot of bio classes instead. Will schools care that my transcript is full of a mix of random upper division bio, art history, and GE classes?

Members don't see this ad.

How "random" are we talking about. As long as it's mostly Bio/art history and not random GEs I think they will understand and you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not too random! I mean I like medicine and bio related things, so probably GEs in those areas :)

I was just worried that even though I'll be doing research/volunteering/clinical stuff they would wonder why I didn't just take the prereqs and graduate in 4 instead of staying to take so many extra upper division bio requirements or something...

Best. Username. Ever?

But ya. Just get good grades and do what ya want (+ECs and good MCAT) and no one will care. :thumbup:

Best. Username. Ever?

But ya. Just get good grades and do what ya want (+ECs and good MCAT) and no one will care. :thumbup:

Always
I want to be with youuu
and make believe with youuu
and live in HARMONY HARMONY

I hope we're talking about the same thing otherwise I just made NO sense

Always
I want to be with youuu

oh we are totally talking about the same thing! haha i love that game!

Always
I want to be with youuu

I love that song XD, lets all vomit rainbow colored entropy!

It's so simple
yet...so addictive
It must be the song :O