Excellent stats, terrible ECs, looking ahead to this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boltman10

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out yesterday that I got a 526 on the MCAT (132/130/132/132), and Im currently carrying a 4.0 that I don't anticipate losing. I am majoring in biomedical sciences at UCF and have a minor in statistics and am in my Junior year. The issue is my ECs are lackluster at best. Based off of my current involvement, I will have ~400 hours clinical volunteering and ~400 hours research. I am working on finding shadowing and non-clinical but realistically I won't have too much of either. I was a TA for Biochem last semester but I didn't have the time to continue that this semester. Other than that I am actively involved in the honors congress, where I am participating in a mentorship program, and the chess club, but don't have a leadership for either, and I have been playing the piano since I was a kid.

Trying to work on a preliminary school list/looking for some advice on what to do next

Members don't see this ad.

A 4.0 is only impressive if you have managed to validate all the core competencies we look for.
"Losing" it in the interest of more important factors is a sign of strength.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.