AI for clinical notes

Started by deleted131481
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted131481

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone using AI to generate clinical notes? My understanding is it listens to your visit and transcribes it. I have heard good things about GetFreed. Our hospital is trialing DAX copilot.

With my templates I copy and paste relevant info from my old notes and takes me about 3 min typing for follow-up and 5 mins for new. At least that's a guess, I think I'll time myself to see. Usually I do about half the documentation while patient is in the room and finish as they are checking oit6. Not sure if AI would save me any time if I have to edit it.
 
Anyone using AI to generate clinical notes? My understanding is it listens to your visit and transcribes it. I have heard good things about GetFreed. Our hospital is trialing DAX copilot.

With my templates I copy and paste relevant info from my old notes and takes me about 3 min typing for follow-up and 5 mins for new. At least that's a guess, I think I'll time myself to see. Usually I do about half the documentation while patient is in the room and finish as they are checking oit6. Not sure if AI would save me any time if I have to edit it.
I tried a virtual scribe from the Philippines this week.Her english was unfortunately quite poor so that didn't work out. I also tried Freed. It seems a bit basic to me but perhaps the pro version has more capabilities?

Out of interest, how are you able to do your new consults in 5 minutes? How long are they? Are you typing? Using Dragon? Sounds awesome!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tried a virtual scribe from the Philippines this week.Her english was unfortunately quite poor so that didn't work out. I also tried Freed. It seems a bit basic to me but perhaps the pro version has more capabilities?

Out of interest, how are you able to do your new consults in 5 minutes? How long are they? Are you typing? Using Dragon? Sounds awesome!
New visits are 30 min and follow up 15 min. I was referring to orders and documentation specifically taking 3 and 5 mins . I'd guess actual visit time is 10 and 20 min respectively. I am sure I'm on the slower end on this board.
 
I did a demo with deepscribe. Seemed interesting but never pulled the trigger. Was ~$750/month with 1 year commitment required.

I am still looking for something to make me more efficient, but have a hard time finding anything faster than dictating to my phone for 90 seconds after every patient. I get hit hard later on when I have to put in orders/apply for procedures and lock notes at the end of the day which AI can’t help with….yet.