Air Force Flight Surgery/ GMO Tours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dstMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I posted this question a while back for a friend, but didn't get many answers, looks like there may be more AF people looking at the forum now. I was just wondering where most flight surgeons in the Air Force are stationed and what an Air Force GMO tour is really like?

My friend ended up w/ a surgery prelim year instead of OB/GYN after the military match last December. Based upon what I read in the AF Selection Board sticky pretty much everyone in her situation is forced into a GMO. It appears the Air Force provides little info to their HPSP students on what their GMO tours are like and where you can possibly be stationed (besides a tour in Iraq). My friend is actually doing her prelim surgery year now in the Air Force and still doesn't a clue. Anybody recently complete or currently in the middle of a GMO tour in the Air Force?

Members don't see this ad.

I've got a friend doing one now after a prelim surgery year (tried to match into EM but was one of the unlucky 50%.) PM me if you want an email address.