Air Force HPSP: COT, Residencies, and Beyond

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.MantisTobogan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've just been accepted into PCOM am currently applying for the Air Force HPSP. I've heard a lot of mixed experiences about joining the Air Force to pay for medical school, especially from some older medical school graduates (aged 45 and above). I was hoping some of you newer Air Force officers could offer some insight as to whether you would do the Air Force Scholarship again, or what tips you might have for someone like me about to enter the Air Force from the get-go.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hope this doesn't come across as rude but there are many threads here that address your questions. I would read them first.

Members don't see this ad :)
ak44, not at all, I'm a newbie to this website. And thanks Red Lobster!

Does anyone know if it is possible to do HPSP/AF COT before year 3?

I realize most people do COT before year 1, or before year 2, but would it be possible to do it before year 3?

I also realize this is when students take Step 1. That said, does anyone know if it has been done?

I did it before too...a lot of people i know did it the summer before school or the summer between ms1 and ms2.

If you can do school without HPSP then do so...you can always join later down the road.
Im happy where I'm at but would likely be in a much different place had I not done HPSP