Air Force Match is up!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cool! A friend of mine got the residency he wanted.

Any other soon to be medicine interns hanging out here tonight?

I was hoping for a deferment, but San Antonio shouldn't be too bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was worth it to go to the 2 yrs of GMO Flight Surgery to get Rads!
Congrats to all who matched :thumbup:

USAFGMODOC said:

Congratulations!!! I am sure you couldn't be happier... so I guess residency/ payback will take you to retirement? I hope I find myself in the same situation a few years from now. Best of luck to you!

Well, I am a prior service guy, already have 15.5 years in so another 9 doesn't bother me at all... I'm very content. :)

USAFGMODOC said:

Congrats USAFGMODOC. BTW, if one decides to do flight surgery for a couple of years to improve your residency chances, does your commitment to the Air Force remain the final two years (assuming a four year HPSP commitment), or do they tack on time because your going back for residency trainning?

Thanks.

Your HPSP time is paid back in two ways: either as a GMO DOC of some sort, or after residency... I did a 3 yr HPSP, did 2 in Flight Med (after intern year)and thus I still owe one; now with Rads, I owe 4 for the residency and the 1 from HPSP year that I still owed...

USAFGMODOC said:
Your HPSP time is paid back in two ways: either as a GMO DOC of some sort, or after residency... I did a 3 yr HPSP, did 2 in Flight Med (after intern year)and thus I still owe one; now with Rads, I owe 4 for the residency and the 1 from HPSP year that I still owed...

Time spent while in military residencies DOES technically count toward paying committment time back. The trick is that it concurrently accrues time as well. So if you owe 1 year, and enter a four year residency program, that means you'll finish the residency program owing four years (b/c the one year you owed before residency was paid off during it). Similiarly, if you owed four years, and then entered a four year residency, you'd graduate residency owing four more years (since the four years you entered owing were paid off during residency).

pathnew said:
I tried the URL but the 'check HERE" just yields gibberish. I am former military and would like to see how friends did...is it my browser, or do I need a password?

you don't need a password. it's probably your browser.

Got my 1st choice (FP/Flight med slot)