airforce

Started by lions75
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lions75

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what dose the air force have that is unique from the other services,besides flight medicine.(army:combat zone etc..,navy ships and dive medicine etc...) 😎
 
Strategic bombers, Strategic airlift, AC-130 Spectors, BLU-82's and of course the MOAB. Cable TV, air conditioned tents, hot chow and of course plenty of golf courses (not unique to the AF, but always pointed out by members of our "sister" services).

BTW I guess it's been too long since I've been in a combat zone, I didn't realize that combat zones are now unique to the army. Last I checked all the services had DMO's also, admittedly the Navy does have the overwhelming majority of them though.

Oh yeah...and they are trying to come up with a unique utility uniform for us, the current idea being tested is a ridiculous looking blue tiger stripe urban camo/terminator-x, get-up on par with the army's new space ranger suit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tman said:
Strategic bombers, Strategic airlift, AC-130 Spectors, BLU-82's and of course the MOAB. Cable TV, air conditioned tents, hot chow and of course plenty of golf courses (not unique to the AF, but always pointed out by members of our "sister" services).

BTW I guess it's been too long since I've been in a combat zone, I didn't realize that combat zones are now unique to the army. Last I checked all the services had DMO's also, admittedly the Navy does have the overwhelming majority of them though.

Oh yeah...and they are trying to come up with a unique utility uniform for us, the current idea being tested is a ridiculous looking blue tiger stripe urban camo/terminator-x, get-up on par with the army's new space ranger suit.

Don't forget, the Army wears a shower cap with their space ranger suit.
 
tman said:
Oh yeah...and they are trying to come up with a unique utility uniform for us, the current idea being tested is a ridiculous looking blue tiger stripe urban camo/terminator-x, get-up on par with the army's new space ranger suit.

So where can we see this getup?
 
I really like the color blue, but is this new uniform an attempt to blend in with the SKY? I mean, why the change? I'll wear whatever I have to, but it just doesn't seem like it would serve the purpose of not being seen.
 
DoctorInSpace said:
I really like the color blue, but is this new uniform an attempt to blend in with the SKY? I mean, why the change? I'll wear whatever I have to, but it just doesn't seem like it would serve the purpose of not being seen.


Because the woodland pattern (normal BDU) doesn't blend in with an air base, at all. The new pattern and colors look distinctive, and supposedly will blend in with the buildings and shadows at a base (anywhere in the world).

Why it's a good idea to have the flightline guys blending in with the flightline is a concept that never was clear to me.

But, except for deployments and the occasional exercise, docs don't wear BDU/DCU's much.
 
The Air Force doesn't have anything unique, except that it treats its doctors really badly. I've heard the AF say they're planning on strengthening that policy. USUHS 2006 and 2007 entering classes are going to be a test case to see how truly evil the Air Force can be to doctors. They're going to all get boring jobs when it's all done too.

I wouldn't apply to USUHS for those years, no matter what. Especially if I had good stats.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JOKING

REALLY, REALLY JOKING, DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AT ALL