Aishwarya Rai on Letterman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
parasiteatwork said:
agreed that she looks very similar But how is her acting.....is it as good as Ash?
Good joke.......Who can not act the way ash does.....I mean is it so difficult to act dumb....

Members don't see this ad.

IntlMed said:
I totally agree !! I think she needs to get a little more maturity in her bag, before she attends any other major event next year..

Oscars... hmmmm.. I would give it like another 10 years :D
Ha ha ha.....You know...when Sushmita was chosen as Miss India instead of Aishwarya....Ash's mother created a huge hungama.......Sushmita is any day better than Ash....man u got to pay attention when Sush talks....

Of first of all, for all of you who criticized aishwarya's responses to David Letterman...I think she totally did a good job! He was making fun of the Indian culture and how we live with our parents. He asked for it. She was not arrogant or snobby at ALL...she just answered intelligently to his arrogant mocking questions. He totally did not respect the Indian culture...he was makign fun of the musicals, he was making fun of her...of everything! If I were her, I would have totally told him to buzz off! He's the arrogant one, not HER. I think she contained herself well and was really good to him. He deserved more from her!!! What right does he have to make fun of indians??? And why dont people just think of it this way....she doesnt live with her parents, her parents live with HER. I'm sure with the money she makes, it's HER providing for her parents. She's a good Indian woman...she hasnt left her parents even after she's made her millions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok about her looks...she may not be the MOST beautiful woman in the world. I think labelling her as the MOST beautiful in the WORLD is giving her waaayyyyy too much credit. She IS beautiful, but I've seen better. Personally I prefer Sonali Bendre...now she's gorgeous. And Aish is getting older...that's one thing she cannot fight, ageing! But she's made her millions and her fame, so maybe it's time to give it a rest. And I do not like the fact that she's totally rejecting Tamil movies! It was tamil movies that introduced her in the first place in her very first movie Iruvar. Now she claims she's too busy and blah blah blah, that may be true, but really tho, she can make time. But whatever, we are doing fine without her!

Thusha said:
Of first of all, for all of you who criticized aishwarya's responses to David Letterman...I think she totally did a good job! He was making fun of the Indian culture and how we live with our parents. He asked for it. She was not arrogant or snobby at ALL...she just answered intelligently to his arrogant mocking questions. He totally did not respect the Indian culture...he was makign fun of the musicals, he was making fun of her...of everything! If I were her, I would have totally told him to buzz off! He's the arrogant one, not HER. I think she contained herself well and was really good to him. He deserved more from her!!! What right does he have to make fun of indians??? And why dont people just think of it this way....she doesnt live with her parents, her parents live with HER. I'm sure with the money she makes, it's HER providing for her parents. She's a good Indian woman...she hasnt left her parents even after she's made her millions!

I completely agree with you Thusha. She did a great job during the interview! It was so obvious that Letterman was making fun of Indian culture and I'm glad Aishwarya stood up for herself and for Indians. You've gotta respect the woman, she's self-made and she's got self-respect. I also think she chose the right clip from "Bride and Prejudice" to show to the audience. That conveyed the message really well and overall I give her an A+. :thumbup:

You guys have probably seen this, but Aish Rai was on 60 Minutes a few months ago. If you haven't seen it, go to THIS link and scroll down to where it says, "Download Aishwarya Rai- 60 Minutes Interview." The guy who interviews her here isn't as disrepectful. Check it out! :)

Thusha said:
Ok about her looks...she may not be the MOST beautiful woman in the world. I think labelling her as the MOST beautiful in the WORLD is giving her waaayyyyy too much credit. She IS beautiful, but I've seen better. Personally I prefer Sonali Bendre...now she's gorgeous. And Aish is getting older...that's one thing she cannot fight, ageing! But she's made her millions and her fame, so maybe it's time to give it a rest. And I do not like the fact that she's totally rejecting Tamil movies! It was tamil movies that introduced her in the first place in her very first movie Iruvar. Now she claims she's too busy and blah blah blah, that may be true, but really tho, she can make time. But whatever, we are doing fine without her!
Sonali Bendre is stunning.........

Its so unbelievable that u guys r still talking about ash....

parasiteatwork said:
Its so unbelievable that u guys r still talking about ash....
hahahaha!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

parasiteatwork said:
OK Guys,Enough bitching about Aish.....I just need to ask you one single question--How many of the so called smart American actresses can say a word or comment on Indian soaps n movies...none..I believe...n plz dont give me that **** about not understanding the language n stuff coz lots of Indian movies r made in english too.And its no big deal if she didnt comment on "happy days" n as it is in India....nobody gives a damn abt Happy Days!!!!!!!!

Exactly! I totally agree parasiteatwork...she may have been a little uncomfortable but that is only because she probably felt inadequate next to an audience of Americans! I mean c'mon, americans can be a little intimidating at times...and Aish coming from India probably feels really new to it all and wants to prove somethign about her country. And yes, Americans know NOTHING about the Indian culture. They didnt even know who Aiswarya was until Bride and Prejudice...and they still dont know her well anyway.

sunny123 said:
Here is Hollywood's answer to Aishwariya:

messingsmile.jpg

Debra Messing

WhooooooooooooooooAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
what a stunning answer!!

Thusha said:
Exactly! I totally agree parasiteatwork...she may have been a little uncomfortable but that is only because she probably felt inadequate next to an audience of Americans! I mean c'mon, americans can be a little intimidating at times...and Aish coming from India probably feels really new to it all and wants to prove somethign about her country. And yes, Americans know NOTHING about the Indian culture. They didnt even know who Aiswarya was until Bride and Prejudice...and they still dont know her well anyway.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi all

Guess Aishwarya Rai is really using the media to her advantage. The pics that are posted on the internet are glamour shots. In most of her public appearances she uses a lot of makeup. I have a pic of her without much makeup and you can see the difference.
Not glamorous, just ordinary

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Attachments

• aishwaryarai real pic.jpg
    aishwaryarai real pic.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 463
Members don't see this ad :)
She's the most beautiful face I have ever seen.

ashwaryapar90.gif

Let's be realistic here, Ash is a superstar in bollywood because she is absurdly hot. She is not a great actress, but millions of men (probably billions) fantasize about her naked body and pounding her silly.

I watch bollywood movies because my wife likes them, in general, I only enjoy the gangster ones. But, I don't mind watching them because there are always really hot babes dancing around with few clothes. Can't beat it!

RADRULES said:
Let's be realistic here, Ash is a superstar in bollywood because she is absurdly hot. She is not a great actress, but millions of men (probably billions) fantasize about her naked body and pounding her silly.

I watch bollywood movies because my wife likes them, in general, I only enjoy the gangster ones. But, I don't mind watching them because there are always really hot babes dancing around with few clothes. Can't beat it!

Would you like to comment anything more than sex? :sleep:

Student Girl said:
She's the most beautiful face I have ever seen.

glamour shots as compared to the real pic i posted. I think she has nice features, nice straight nose, well proportioned features. However I have seen beautiful girls without makeup and have to point out that a lot of ash's popularity comes from the pics which are not real.

If you go to this site, you will see how makeup changes a person.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/sunday/default.aspx?c=Naturally_Yours.htm

Student Girl said:
Would you like to comment anything more than sex? :sleep:

Sex is part of real life. All of these Bollywood stars use sex to get ahead - casting couch is a real thing.

I am just jealous of whomever got to nail Ash on the way up.

amirahalmas said:
Hi all

Guess Aishwarya Rai is really using the media to her advantage. The pics that are posted on the internet are glamour shots. In most of her public appearances she uses a lot of makeup. I have a pic of her without much makeup and you can see the difference.
Not glamorous, just ordinary

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The beauty is in the fact that she looks GORGEOUS in that pic too, where shes not made up. I give her brownies for that.

"You ask stupid questions, you get stupid answers". Americans dont understand the concept of living with parents, what if an American star on an Indian TV show were asked, "Is it usual for American parents to throw their children out of their homes when they grow up?" Indians are usually not rude to begin with and would rephrase any such question in a non-offensive way even if it was absolutely necessary, whether born in India or USA. If Aishwarya was rude for his rude questions, thats an American trait in this doggy-dog's world, so thank Americans for teaching that to Indians, which unfortunately the British didnt. We dont make any more "Gandhis" in India now. We expect Aishwarya to be "perfect", be it her looks, her acting, her style, her communication skills, her knowledge, the list is endless. I dont think we shouldnt be pressuring her so much with criticism, I dont think she ever claimed to be a "Ken Jennings", so we shouldnt expect that from her. Not like Indians know much about India, so Indians not knowing something thats not Indian shouldnt be so alarming, forget being surprised. You guys want to prove that you know a little more than Aishwarya, go ahead, but you still are a no-name like me, remember that. As an Indian I implore you to stand by Indians who at least do India proud, if not anyone else, thanks.

Wow....I just cant believe it thatafter so many months this discussion is still going on.I am impressed.So, Ash has stolen the show again. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm not a huge Aishwarya Rai fan, and she is not the most beautiful woman on the planet :eek: but I think she did a pretty good job on the David Letterman show last year. I mean, the guy had no clue about India or Indians (shouldn't a host know something about the person they are interviewing?) and he was just plain rude. I think her answers were witty - which saved face for millions. How does he think he can just come off asking her if older children still lived with their parents? And indirectly calling her old. Granted, she isn't young anymore, but no lady likes being called old, especially not when your on the big screen all the time. As for Happy Days - Aish is Indian. I don't think a lot of people know what Happy Days is (I didn't) and she laughed it off, so it wasn't that bad. Overall, I think she did a pretty good job on the show.
That's not to say though, that she's a great person. She's not. Sure, she's a good dancer, but not a very great actress. She got into the acting business because of Miss World and the looks she had then. She's losing her good looks now - there are a lot of beauties out there, that are better looking. And she really needs someone to help her out as far as fashion is concerned at international events. Did anyone see what she and Preity Zinta were wearing at Cannes? Appalling.
The surprising fact though, is that she has a pretty good voice. Yes, she can sing. Check out this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0GdT4lBoCA
For someone who's on the big screen a lot, she's extremely shy when she sings. ;)

Wow... this reminded me why I hate David Letterman. What an @ss

Oh my God!!! Its amazing to know that Ash is still being discussed...am impressed...:p :p :p

saw Umrao jaan..i didnt find ash very gr88 in there..i feel some one else could have acted better..
As far as acting is concerned..i feel ash doesn't have it in her..it is only the story of the movie tht is good...like Umrao jaan, Hum dil de chuke, devdas...

it is not her who makes a movie hit ..it is only story, songs, sets..good direction..

She is good looking..but i feel many Indian female actors are much better..

I saw Aishwarya in "Umrao Jaan" a few weeks back and thought her acting and dancing was SUPERB ! She seriously merits some attention for her acting and is not just a pretty face. I really respect her compared to other actresses because of her humility, poise and the respect she holds for her parents. I heard that she has been recently engaged to the actor who co-starred with her in "Umrao Jaan".

I saw Aishwarya in "Umrao Jaan" a few weeks back and thought her acting and dancing was SUPERB ! She seriously merits some attention for her acting ability and is not just a pretty face. I really respect her compared to other actresses because of her intelligence, humility, poise and the respect she holds for her parents. I heard that she has been recently engaged to the actor who co-starred with her in "Umrao Jaan". That movie merits an Oscar nomination for "Best Foreign Film".I definitely think that she has one of the most beautiful faces I have ever seen.

I still feel tht Divya dutta, tough had a very small role to play..had more intense emotions than Ms. Rai.
Anyways, everyone is entitled to his/her opinions.

Why is this forum still alive?

By the way- the last I heard was that Sushmita Sen is going to the Parween Babi way and may be declared a certified Schizophrenic anytime!

I thought I would bring this back to life

I just got around to watching Dhoom 2 last night, and MY GOD did Ash look HOT!!! What a body and face - I think I had a wet dream about her last night!

:love: