alaska for money?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Munchy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing these commotions about how you can make much more in Alaska b/c
1) nobody wants to go up there, so there is a shortage of dentists
2) living from what I hear is really cheap
3) tax is low

I LOVE the scenary there and I like snow.

How much can you expect as a recent graduate without GPR or AEGD.
Anybody know taxation rate?

Members don't see this ad.

-like anywhere, there is a shortage of dentist in the middle of nowhere but there are a TON of dentists in the Archorage, Palmer, Wasilla area

-Not at all, in fact the Alaska and Hawaii are probably the most expensive places to live, nothing is cheap

3) tax is low
-Yes, that part is nice, helps defray some of the high cost of living

-like anywhere, there is a shortage of dentist in the middle of nowhere but there are a TON of dentists in the Archorage, Palmer, Wasilla area

-Not at all, in fact the Alaska and Hawaii are probably the most expensive places to live, nothing is cheap

3) tax is low

Makes sense since you need to import everything up there. Also, don't forget about that $1000+ per person oil money you get every year up there...

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i wouldn't mind long nights. So long as I have Vit D supplement and a girl to talk to ; )

All the kidding aside, are opportunities in Alaska better than that offered in other states? If I wanted to graduate and work for 4-5 years as an associate to pay back some loan where should I be looking?

3) tax is low

Having lived in Hawaii for most of my life, as well as having spent 5 years in NYC, I can say without a doubt that NYC is a more expensive place to live.

I have no idea about Alaska and dentists (or the cost of living there), but I do know that not too long ago when my ex was graduating from pharmacy school, there were offers for pharmacists to work in Alaska for 3 year contracts getting paid absolutely ridiculous sums.

crap.gif
:laugh: