Albany College of Pharmacy: Albany Campus Transfer 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usechopstix

Pharm Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i noticed there was a thread for the colchester campus but none yet for those applying for transfer into the 3rd year at the albany campus. i have an interviewing coming up for December 8 and would like to hear feedback from those who have interviewed/heard back already? how was it :scared:?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interview!! I just received an interview invite for January 11th!!! Second interview offer and one of the schools that I would really like to get into. Would you mind sharing what the interview was like? I know we get interviewed by "2 members of the ACPHS community" from the email. However any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

i just got my acceptance!!!! :D:D:D

it was also my second interview and my second choice so i will definitely consider going

for my interview, i was interviewed by two faculty members who actually happened to go there long ago back when a BS in pharm was all you needed to practice. they were very friendly, the interview atmosphere was very laxed, they didn't bother to write anything down. it was very conversational so just be personable and you should be fine

i used the interview feedback on student doctor and it helped a lot! good luck! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got my acceptance!!!! :D:D:D

it was also my second interview and my second choice so i will definitely consider going

for my interview, i was interviewed by two faculty members who actually happened to go there long ago back when a BS in pharm was all you needed to practice. they were very friendly, the interview atmosphere was very laxed, they didn't bother to write anything down. it was very conversational so just be personable and you should be fine

i used the interview feedback on student doctor and it helped a lot! good luck! :thumbup:

Congrats on your acceptance and thanks for the info! :) Just one more question: what / where is the interview feedback on SDN? Thanks!

you can get to the interview feedback by going to student doctor's homepage and go to articles & interviews then pharmacy interview feedback, its survey results from people who have already interviewed there. theres useful information such as what kinds of questions they ask, what was a hard question, how long the interview is, etc. its SUPER helpful!

you can get to the interview feedback by going to student doctor's homepage and go to articles & interviews then pharmacy interview feedback, its survey results from people who have already interviewed there. theres useful information such as what kinds of questions they ask, what was a hard question, how long the interview is, etc. its SUPER helpful!

OMG!! That's so awesome! I had no idea that existed and you're right it's an incredibly helpful / useful tool! Thanks so much for letting me know how to access it! :)

I have an interview on the Jan. 11th as well. I'm from Cali, so if anyone wants to share hotel or carpool, let me know!

Congrats on your interview!! I just received an interview invite for January 11th!!! Second interview offer and one of the schools that I would really like to get into. Would you mind sharing what the interview was like? I know we get interviewed by "2 members of the ACPHS community" from the email. However any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I have an interview on the Jan. 11th as well. I'm from Cali, so if anyone wants to share hotel or carpool, let me know!

Congrats and good luck on your interview!! :) I'm not going to be staying at a hotel just taking the train up and back home.

Hi Guys,

I am going to add ACPH to my designations, I am wondering how many students are they gonna take for P3. I understood that the program is basically 6 years and mostly they got students from high school. any body has any clue?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I am going to add ACPH to my designations, I am wondering how many students are they gonna take for P3. I understood that the program is basically 6 years and mostly they got students from high school. any body has any clue?

Thanks

Who knows...but P3 refers to 3rd year of professional program. They accept tranfers as P1, which is the 1st year of the professional program. The first two years of the 6 years are taking pre-reqs and don't have the P designation. So that means the third year is P1.

Thanks,
Therefore it means their current students should apply for the PharmD ( professional ) or they are going to start the program directly. The question came to my mind when I saw a FB page of 2016 which has almost 200ish students, the page started in 2010. So if they have already had 200 students, how many are they are gonna take as PharmD transfer from other schools!!??

according to pharmcas, there is about 40 seats for transfers

Just got accepted and i was wondering if this is correct.

The first professional year is 29100, then from p2-p4 it is 25000.

Can anyone confirm this? Lol

Hey, I want to ask if I'll absolutely need to have a car to commute to rotation sites... How far are the rotation sites from the school????
So if you have rotation, you'll be away from school for a period of time? Do you know whether carpooling is a viable option?

No clue but good question! Maybe try emailing one of the faculty?

Just got accepted and i was wondering if this is correct. The first professional year is 29100, then from p2-p4 it is 25000. Can anyone confirm this? Lol

Congrats on your acceptance!! I was accepted today too :) Are you definitely attending?
As for the tuition question: yes according to the website the 2011-2012 tuition and fees were $29,100 for P1 and $25,700 for P2-P4. I found the info here: http://www.acphs.edu/admissions/financialaid/tuitionfeesexpenses/tuitionfeesexpenses.aspx

Hey when was your interview? Maybe i have met you on interview date. This is one of my top top choice but not definite!

Oh my god just check your profile and its so similar. Accepted in jefferson temple and albany and also will see u on the 27th! In ub!

Oh my god just check your profile and its so similar. Accepted in jefferson temple and albany and also will see u on the 27th! In ub!

no way haha that's pretty cool! see you at UB!! :highfive:

Hey when was your interview? Maybe i have met you on interview date. This is one of my top top choice but not definite!

My interview at Albany was on 1/11. I'm going to decline my offer at Albany and pick between Jefferson and Temple. Albany is a great school but i'm originally from Philly so I want to be in a big city setting versus a small town like Albany. Waiting on Univ of Michigan and SUNY interviews before i make my final decision

I heard the drop out rate from this school is high. Is that true? Did anyone hear the same thing as I did?

I heard the drop out rate from this school is high. Is that true? Did anyone hear the same thing as I did?

Apparently that was the case years ago. I haven't seen recent statistics. But they did make it a bit harder for students from high school to move on to P1 .

Sent from my PC36100