Albany - has anyone been accepted yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

republicandr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I interviewed at Albany earlier this month, and was wondering if anyone has been accepted yet.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you dont mind me asking, how long after submission of your secondary did you hear about an interview? Thanks a lot!

24 days after I mailed my secondary application from the west coast. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have an interview at albany on halloween, any tips?

just interviewed there today...

they interview a critical mass before offering acceptances. after october, all interviewees should here within two week.

they begin sending out in november.

Thanks for the info, Gaberman, I heard mixed information at my interview; at the info session I heard what you just said but the students that ate lunch with us told us 2 weeks post interview. Guess I won't be hearing next week after all.. I interviewed last week and it's a really nice school. I did not get asked any typical ethical questions (though rumor has it some interviewers will ask them so be prepared), but I did end up in a lengthy discussion with one interviewer about my background growing up in a small city in Upstate New York and a small town in rural VA later on (I am currently a VA resident attending school in PA). I was asked about what schools I applied to and interviewed at and if I had any acceptances. I told the truth and said I was waitlisted at EVMS and on hold at MCV until December and waiting for other schools, but did say that I was impressed with what I'd seen at Albany. I could not honestly say that Albany was my first choice (I probably should have lied, but I'm a BAD liar!), so I hope it won't count against me.. It's not that I wouldn't be happy to have an acceptance there, but like many people on here my state schools are at the top of my list. I would say just be yourself and show enthusiasm for the school without being fake. good luck!

ahhh..its finally working! I haven't been able to post messages on here for the longest time! I dunno why...some strange "cannot access page" problem.
But anyway, I just interviewed at Albany too. The committee will meet this coming tuesday to consider all applicants interviewed so far. They should start sending out nov 1st. acceptances by snail mail, reject and "waitlist" via email ( i think...)
hey gaberman, are you the one from northern cali? I'm the one from socal who goes to school in boston. gotta love sdn! :)

hey! yup...that's me.

you're my first real-live SDN connection.