Albany Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

KK82

Hi everyone,

Albany asks:

"If you have previously applied to Albany Medical College and were not accepted, how have you spent the intervening time? "

I was accepted to another school but did not attend a school? This is my second time applying, so does this question count for me?

Members don't see this ad.

That question is ONLY for people reapplying. It gives them an opportunity to show how they've improved.

Nas23 said:
I received an email a while back from Albany saying they would tell me when their Secondary was available.

Did you guys receive a link to log-in (need a pwd), or did they just email you a pdf?

Do they screen?

Thanks

You receive a link and an email giving you your password. YOu should probably just give them a call and ask for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Albany doesn't screen. The secondary is an online form thing.

i heard recently that albany is cutting back on letting out of state students in because of a doc shortage in new york, do you know anything about the validity of this?
-mota

DaMota said:
i heard recently that albany is cutting back on letting out of state students in because of a doc shortage in new york, do you know anything about the validity of this?
-mota

where did you hear this? when is this supposed to go into effect?

Hi guys,

On their Supp application where we have to list activities, do they really mean total hours to date? or total hours per week? i have been working full time at a job for the past 2 years (putting in 70 hours per week or so)... do they really want me to calculate how many hours i did? i dont like this question.

what if you have applied to medical school last year but NOT to albany, do you still have to fill out that section then??

I think "describe yourself" is one of the most annoying essay prompts EVER. I'm so tempted to make up some BS job interview nonsense.

"I'm an action-oriented, pro-active, team player who thinks outside the box" blah blah blah :rolleyes:

DaMota said:
-mota

I wasn't aware that Albany Medical College ever had state restrictions as it's a private school. The 4 state schools in NY are Downstate, Upstate, Stony Brook, and Buffalo.

I put down the total number of hours. Believe me, for one of my volunteer activities I'd been doing it for 10 years... I rounded to the nearest thousand hour. For other volunteer activities I rounded to the nearest hundred. I tend to get volunteer activities and hold on to them and really put time into them tho - so while I don't have three dozen volunteer activities, I have one with over 8,000 hours and two others with over 3,000 hours.

I tackled the "describe yourself" by asking my friends to describe me. Only ask honest friends tho - I found my husband was one of the best people for helping me answer this question. The interesting thing is how they perceive you vs. how you perceive yourself and how to reconcile the two. :)