Albany UC --> waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J Feelgood MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
bwells46 said:
Same to you! :thumbup:

I'm just worried that if I do get in, I won't be able to accept the admission :(
Yeah, I feel the same way. About to sign for an apartment and I haven't gotten my physical yet. My job is busy and I am still finishing the last part of my MPH. I really wish the adcom could be more open, b/c we might be getting ourselves worked up for nothing. :horns: :horns: :horns: :horns:

Members don't see this ad.

bwells46

MD, MPH, MSM
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
J Feelgood said:
Yeah, I feel the same way. About to sign for an apartment and I haven't gotten my physical yet. My job is busy and I am still finishing the last part of my MPH. I really wish the adcom could be more open, b/c we might be getting ourselves worked up for nothing. :horns: :horns: :horns: :horns:

I had to renew my lease on 7/27 (this was the last day to renew). This means that if I'm accepted, I would have to find someone to sublease VERY fast because there's no way I could afford to pay rent in two places. Not to mention the price of a last-minute plane ticket to find somewhere to live and the moving expenses (~$1,000 just for a U-Haul). I don't know if they realize it, but I don't have an endless supply of money to jump up and move to New York on a whim.

Add to this the fact that I'll be starting a new job and a couple of pharmaceutical research grants in the next few weeks and it makes it even more complicated.

You know, I want to go to medical school and become a physician more than anything but sometimes you have to take reality into account.