Albert Einstein AECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to interrupt the fight but I actually had real questions for Rendar. I was completed sometimes in September at AECOM and have not heard back from them. Do you know what's the expected time from completion to interview? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

RayhanS1282 said:
Sorry to interrupt the fight but I actually had real questions for Rendar. I was completed sometimes in September at AECOM and have not heard back from them. Do you know what's the expected time from completion to interview? Thanks.

I think the fight's over (as i really should be doing neuro studying now :( ), lol. Anyway, I got interviewed at the end of October I think? I've had friends who were interviewed in January. I think our interview season extends through February? Either way you have some time. I wish I could be more helpful, but this was 2 years ago for me. Hard to remember the timeline. I would guess that it's at least a full month or two for most people.

Rendar5 said:
I think the fight's over (as i really should be doing neuro studying now :( ), lol. Anyway, I got interviewed at the end of October I think? I've had friends who were interviewed in January. I think our interview season extends through February? Either way you have some time. I wish I could be more helpful, but this was 2 years ago for me. Hard to remember the timeline. I would guess that it's at least a full month or two for most people.

Thanks for your response. I have time but I am just getting antsy.

Members don't see this ad :)
RayhanS1282 said:
Thanks for your response. I have time but I am just getting antsy.

good luck, and try not to let things get to you. Application season is hellish. :luck: If u ever have any other questions, u can post here or PM me.

Rendar5 said:
good luck, and try not to let things get to you. Application season is hellish. :luck: If u ever have any other questions, u can post here or PM me.

Rendar, were you an August MCATer? Could that be why you interviewed in October? Like Rayhan, I was complete a long time ago, and still nothing.

beponychick said:
Rendar, were you an August MCATer? Could that be why you interviewed in October? Like Rayhan, I was complete a long time ago, and still nothing.

I took the August MCAT, but applied the following year. I was complete in late August/early September I think? Just gotta be patient. It's a looooooong process.

I had a quick question. AECOM was one school I was very interested in but when I spoke to the admission office, they seemed to be less than interested in me. In fact, I got a "well, don't expect to hear from us until Jan."

People are telling me this is basically a big fat rejection. Do you guys feel the same way? :(

CuddlyKumquat said:
I had a quick question. AECOM was one school I was very interested in but when I spoke to the admission office, they seemed to be less than interested in me. In fact, I got a "well, don't expect to hear from us until Jan."

People are telling me this is basically a big fat rejection. Do you guys feel the same way? :(

are u pre or post interview?

CuddlyKumquat said:
Pre. I just wannnnt to interview with them!

hmm...I honestly don't know then. There's only one way to find out: wait. If u don't hear from the adcom by January, then u prolly won't get an interview. Until then, you've just got no real clue about ur chances. It sucks, I know, but u just gotta not think about it cause it's out of ur hands at this point.

Rendar5 said:
hmm...I honestly don't know then. There's only one way to find out: wait. If u don't hear from the adcom by January, then u prolly won't get an interview. Until then, you've just got no real clue about ur chances. It sucks, I know, but u just gotta not think about it cause it's out of ur hands at this point.

Yea that's what I figured. *sigh* it was a nice dream ;)

THANKS!

Does AECOM offer housing near Yeshiva University in Manhattan? If so is it possible for med students to live here? I dig Einstein, but don't want to live in the Bronx. I wouldn't mind the 45 min daily commute.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know for sure, but my guess would be the only way to get housing in the nice part of manhattan is if you're a girl, because that's where the girls college is. The guys' college, from what i hear, is in a really sketchy part of town, and you wouldn't want to live there if you didn't have to. That, and the housing in midtown manhattan, although nice, may be regular dorms rather than apartment style housing.

i REALLY REALLY want to go to AECOM. I went and interviewed in October and it just reminded me how much I want to go. But I was wondering, they interview so many people! How much weight does the interview have? I had a nice interview, but then later in the day, the dean of education and i met about some research questions and he asked me my mcat score, I told him and he said that the research program I was interested was not for the faint of heart and then stopped our talk! However, my interviewer knew my score and gpa and was happy with them both (my mcat isn't a 35 but its still good and my gpa is almost a 4.0) i'm scared..... I don't know what's going to happen, because I figure they wouldn't ask me out to interview if they weren't interested (scores and all!) but how much weight do these different people have on my getting in? Is my interview the only talk that counts? How do they put heavy weight on the interview if 1500 people had them, or are they just looking to weed out anybody with psychotic tendencies? Ah! I just wish there was a way for me to tell them that AECOM is my #1 choice, which I was too frazzled to do in the interview. hehe

hmm... maybe i'll just do it here and hope they get the vibes...
... AECOM.... please accpt me.... pretty pretty please.... my biggest fear in the world is flying but I got on a plane and flew cross country just to visit....i want to come back to new york, my old home, and go to your lovely school. Not columbia, not cornell, you. so what do you say? *puppy eyes* :love: :love: :love:

FictionalGirl said:
i REALLY REALLY want to go to AECOM. I went and interviewed in October and it just reminded me how much I want to go. But I was wondering, they interview so many people! How much weight does the interview have? I had a nice interview, but then later in the day, the dean of education and i met about some research questions and he asked me my mcat score, I told him and he said that the research program I was interested was not for the faint of heart and then stopped our talk! However, my interviewer knew my score and gpa and was happy with them both (my mcat isn't a 35 but its still good and my gpa is almost a 4.0) i'm scared..... I don't know what's going to happen, because I figure they wouldn't ask me out to interview if they weren't interested (scores and all!) but how much weight do these different people have on my getting in? Is my interview the only talk that counts? How do they put heavy weight on the interview if 1500 people had them, or are they just looking to weed out anybody with psychotic tendencies? Ah! I just wish there was a way for me to tell them that AECOM is my #1 choice, which I was too frazzled to do in the interview. hehe

... AECOM.... please accpt me.... pretty pretty please.... my biggest fear in the world is flying but I got on a plane and flew cross country just to visit....i want to come back to new york, my old home, and go to your lovely school. Not columbia, not cornell, you. so what do you say? *puppy eyes* :love: :love: :love:

Well my interviewer, Dr. Dannis, told me that if you got the interview it's because they believe you can handle the academic work. And that the interview is a matter of seeing if you have a personality, to see if you have a sense of humor, to see if you're a person who will contribute to the community, etc. I remember he distinctly told me..."I just wanted to see if you'd laugh at my jokes, if you smile...because so often, kids show no personality at the interviews....etc...." *something along those lines)

So as long as you show some personality, it's all good

FictionalGirl said:

According to usnews, they interviewed 1526 ppl for class in 2003, which is basically the same as now, and accepted 576 for a class of 180 which is also similar to the numbers now. So its like almost a 40 percent success rate, its just that more ppl than i expected did not matriculate, and the class is rather big, which explains the huge number of interviews. 40 percent is j ust like any other school i suppose.

When will interviewees find out from AECOM their decision?

Traditionally, AECOM is non-rolling for the first half of the app cycle. They send out first acceptances on January 15th, at which point it becomes rolling. So you will find out your fate on that day. THey actually send out letters on the 15th, so depending on what part of the country you are in, expect to hear by January 17th to January 19th. I got my letter on the 17th last year, and I am in California. I absolutely loved AECOM when I interviewed and would be there right now if I didn't get into a state school. Good luck everyone!

spidermonkey11 said:
Hey Ribs,

I dont know if you saw that other great thread about what you should look for when choosing the right school for you...

Hey Spidermonkey - is this a current thread, or was it recent? Can you post a link?? I'd really be interested in reading this.

Thanks.

TheMightyAngus said:
Does AECOM offer housing near Yeshiva University in Manhattan? If so is it possible for med students to live here? I dig Einstein, but don't want to live in the Bronx. I wouldn't mind the 45 min daily commute.

If u have a car, the Bronx is fine, especially since it's in a safe part of the Bronx (Eastchester right around teh school looks ghetto, but trust me, it's really not).

Otherwise, as far as I know, you rent a place in Manhattan and have a 45 min. commute. Some people in my class do it, so it's possible. but it's hard to beat $300/mo. in rent for a nice apartment across the street from the school :D.

bkflaneur said:
Hey Spidermonkey - is this a current thread, or was it recent? Can you post a link?? I'd really be interested in reading this.

Thanks.

:laugh: :laugh: He posted a year and a half ago, so u bet it's an old thread. BTW, he's a 2nd year w/ me right now. I didn't discover he was spidermonkey until this past year when he mentioned that he used to go to sdn.

Does Einstein even notify you that your file is complete? Sometimes I forget I applied there, since I have not heard anything from them for a long time

HEY GUYS
if i am flying to aecom, is it recommeneded that i go through JFK?

Laguardia would be alot closer as it is a quicker drive to the bronx since the triborough is close by.

I was an april mcater, applied in june and didn't interview till october 15th

beponychick said:

go la guardia. way easier, less fuss than jfk, i think. woah, living in New Mexico after being a new yorker has made me soft, i can't even handle a busy airport, oh well, guess i'll have to re learn the ropes if i get into aecom!

temmie said:
HEY GUYS
if i am flying to aecom, is it recommeneded that i go through JFK?
:laugh:

Who else is excited/nervous to hear from AECOM? It's the last school I'm waiting on, pretty much. Unfortunately I interviewed on their very first interview day. I've debated sending in an update letter, because a lot of new things have happened since then (I've gotten a ton more clinical experience at my job, for example). But I called and the woman I got, who was very nice, said they probably already reviewed my file so it wouldn't really matter. Although I suppose it could matter for a waitlist. And it couldn't hurt. What do y'all think?

:luck: for Jan. 15th!

AECOM is my first choice school, and i haven't heard back from ANY other schools, they're scheduled to be my first (the others tell me i'll hear back late january) I interviewed really really early in the season too, tigress, and I was told the same thing when I called. File's done. Sit tight. I'm not sure about a waitlist, but i've heard that they accept a ton of people and that a lot of them drop, so the waitlist really moves. Aaa! I want to get in so badly. We need good luck charms, tigress

AND JAN 15TH IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!! hear that AECOM? my birthday!!! You don't want me to cry on my birthday do you? DO YOU? :)

tigress said:
Who else is excited/nervous to hear from AECOM? It's the last school I'm waiting on, pretty much. Unfortunately I interviewed on their very first interview day. I've debated sending in an update letter, because a lot of new things have happened since then (I've gotten a ton more clinical experience at my job, for example). But I called and the woman I got, who was very nice, said they probably already reviewed my file so it wouldn't really matter. Although I suppose it could matter for a waitlist. And it couldn't hurt. What do y'all think?

:luck: for Jan. 15th!
;) ;)

bump, for the person who was looking for this earlier.

Thanks for the bump (though I'm not the person you bumped it for ;) ).

Anyone here def goin to AECOM?

Anyone know when AECOM starts to take people off the waitlist?
Has anyone from the waitlist been accepted during the current application cycle?

FictionalGirl said:
AECOM is my first choice school, and i haven't heard back from ANY other schools, they're scheduled to be my first (the others tell me i'll hear back late january) I interviewed really really early in the season too, tigress, and I was told the same thing when I called. File's done. Sit tight. I'm not sure about a waitlist, but i've heard that they accept a ton of people and that a lot of them drop, so the waitlist really moves.

Does anyone know if the February interviews are for waitlist only?

dr_ray said:
Anyone know when AECOM starts to take people off the waitlist?
Has anyone from the waitlist been accepted during the current application cycle?

FictionalGirl said:
AECOM is my first choice school, and i haven't heard back from ANY other schools, they're scheduled to be my first (the others tell me i'll hear back late january) I interviewed really really early in the season too, tigress, and I was told the same thing when I called. File's done. Sit tight. I'm not sure about a waitlist, but i've heard that they accept a ton of people and that a lot of them drop, so the waitlist really moves.

They told me that they will not start reviewing the waitlisted candidates until after they finish with their interviews in May. So they said it's extremely unlikely the waitlist will start moving until June. Oh, and interviews prior to that are for actual spots. Also, when they review the waitlist they proceed to make further cuts, by as much as 80% of the waitlist, and send rejection letters. Only the remaining people are actually on a list that moves as people turn down offers.

Has anyone who interviewed in early january heard back yet? I'm starting to get nervous.

I called them on tuesday to see if at least a decision had been made on my application and they said that no decision had been made yet. I interviewed end of january though. The lady said not to expect anything between 6-8 weeks but it seems like it should be around this time already for you. I would give them a call if i were you, the admission office is very nice over there.

should I loose all hopes of getting an interview from AECOM?? Because from the looks of this thread, they already have a waitlist! does anyone know when they will be sending interview invites uptill..or are they done?

beffers8888 said:
Has anyone who interviewed in early january heard back yet? I'm starting to get nervous.
I interviewed January 3rd and heard back in a month. And wildcatbio06, I'm on 1 waiting list but as of right now I'm leaning towards AECOM.

zero2hero said:
I interviewed January 3rd and heard back in a month. And wildcatbio06, I'm on 1 waiting list but as of right now I'm leaning towards AECOM.

You should come, it's going to be awesome.

WingsBelieve84 said:
What's impressing you about Einstein?

Various things. First the interview day went well, tour guides and all of the students I met were really cool and welcoming, my interview itself was great and the interviewer later sent me a hand written thank you letter. They have a, "uncle Albert" program where they set you up with a current student from remotely the same area you are from and my student is awesome. They also do the same with an alum from your area but I just got a letter about that. The Bronx, not so awesome, but they are affiliated with various hospitals in Manhattan (where I'd prefer to be) and other cool locations, but you cannot beat the housing at Eastchester, it is cheaper than I pay now and I live in a dirt cheap college town. The bright side about the bronx though is that I am sure I will get exposure to some interesting stuff. There are also other little things like what I have heard from physicians/med students, their curriculum, expansion of the college (new research buildings), etc... that just make it the right choice for me. Hope that answers your question.

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled onto this post, as I haven't looked at anything on SDN in months since being absolutely rejected by several schools that I was waiting on in a week - devastated. Anyway, I interviewed at Einstein on Oct. 26th, I liked everything about the school and NY. The Bronx isn't as bad as people make it out to be, I was walking around interview day lost in the Bronx, and everyone was helpful. I've been waitlisted since Jan 15th, and I know AECOM is up there on my places to attend - any ideas on my chances of actually being accepted? I've written a letter, talked with my interviewer, sent in supporting letters/calls. I don't think there is much else I can do at this point. Einstein seems like a great place to be both for a med education and the people.

Anyone know what size envelope acceptances/waitlists/rejections come in?

ribsandbbqbeef said:
I'm an alum from Albert Einstein med.

Would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the school, student life, location, reputation, or anything else you can think of (eg application process etc).

General med school Q's are welcome too. I'm currently an Emergency Med resident, so questions about that field are also welcome.

Good luck to all those waiting to hear from schools or still interviewing.

Addendum: I'm originally from Southern California & went to school at UC Berkeley in Northern California. Any questions about relocations, comparing life on both coasts, etc... are welcome as well.

Hi, ribsandbbqbeef.
I'm an international student attending undergraduate at a university in the States. I applied to AECOM June of 2005. Do you know the chances of an international student being admitted?
My MCAT is slightly above average (if average were 26) but my GPA is a 3.8.

beffers8888 said:
Anyone know what size envelope acceptances/waitlists/rejections come in?
Acceptance is small envelope. I would assume waitlist and rejections are small envelopes also.