Albert Einstein Interview HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hdpooh34

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm flying out from So Cal to NY for the first time and was wondering if anyone who's ever interviewed at Einstein could tell me what the best way of getting there is? Like, which airport and then how to get from airport to the campus? THANKS A BUNCH!

Members don't see this ad.

Yo, Good Luck with Einstein. Fly to Laguardia. Once you have pick up your bags use the information booth. Ask them to call for Supershuttle and give Supershuttle your hotel address. Supershuttle can be cramp becasue they pick up alot of people but it's safe and ~$15. Use the express bus when you need to get to einstein. It's 4 dollars one way and they will drop you off right at einstein's doorstep. You can use the espres bus to get back to your hotel. Get a chance to see TIME SQUARE!!! :luck:

thanks marr!
but actually, i was planning on just arriving there around 5-6AM and then going straight to the interview, and then flying back on the same day - to cut out the expense of hotel costs. what would be the best way to get from airport to campus? THANKS AGAIN!

Members don't see this ad :)
You may want to reconsider a same day flight, because anything you save from no hotel will be mitigated by the increased cost of the flight. Plus, any flight delay will put your interview in jeopardy. Fly in the day before, be well rested and enjoy the interview day.

Ask for Supershuttle again since they take you to anywhere in the city including the bronx. Just ask the information booth officer to make sure. I second BReal's advice :thumbup: Good Luck

you could try asking for a host at einstein. i know some schools have students that offer to host you and so you can save on $$ plus you get to meet some of your *hopefully* future classmates :)

Howard Johnson Express in Bronx has a room for $65/night and it is only 7 minutes to Einstein by driving.

My suggestion: Fly in the day before. Like others have mentioned, you do not want to risk a flight delay. Also, all that traveling from LaGuardia might get to you eventually. (You also can't really depend on the bus schedules...buses come when they come.) You want to go to an interview refreshed, not out of breath or flustered.

I stayed with a student host a few weeks back and it was absolutely wonderful getting an "insider's" perspective of Einstein. You really get a feel for the school, and Einstein students are more than happy to accomodate you. Just email the admissions people and they will suggest one or two people. Besides, on the morning of my interview, I just rolled out of bed, got ready, and walked two minutes across campus to get to the admissions office. Very very convenient.

Good luck.

If you are going to fly in the same day, then just cab it to the school from LGA. I believe it will be around $30+, but it is the fastest. :thumbup:

Could any of you suggest any hotels that are close and nice to Einstein. I don't really care if it costs me even a hundred and fifty bucks...just want a nice place in the Bronx thats near the campus. Thanks.

lakersfan said:
Could any of you suggest any hotels that are close and nice to Einstein. I don't really care if it costs me even a hundred and fifty bucks...just want a nice place in the Bronx thats near the campus. Thanks.

i'd call the admissions office, or post on the allo forum for einstein students. public transportation is awesome from midtown, though.

id go to www.qualityinns.com
they have alot of them in the city.
you can take the 5 to 180ths st and then transfer to the 21 bus to Albert einstein. That should take about 90 minutes (or less) but public transportation from midtown. good luck.

I second that recommendation to stay with a student host, especially at Einstein.
Mine was incredibly friendly and accommodating.
He cooked dinner for me and introduced me to a lot of his classmates.

hm..im going to AE next week..and i have NEVER been to NY before [i'm from Cali too] but I am staying at my friends apartment by Central Park..do any of you know about how long it takes to get there and if I should take the subway/bus/taxi etc?

Thank u :p

lilxsmilez said:
hm..im going to AE next week..and i have NEVER been to NY before [i'm from Cali too] but I am staying at my friends apartment by Central Park..do any of you know about how long it takes to get there and if I should take the subway/bus/taxi etc?

Thank u :p

read my above post

Dr. Chiquita said:
Howard Johnson Express in Bronx has a room for $65/night and it is only 7 minutes to Einstein by driving.

Is there any public transportation that will take you from the HoJo to Einstein? Aside from a cab of course. But if that's the only way, I guess i could spend a bit more. But 65 bucks is a great deal anywhere.

I drove there so I didn't need a pub transportation. One problem is that there is a train track above the building. Ask for a room on the side opposite to the train track. Luckily, I got one without asking and it was quiet. Good luck at the interview. My experience there was awesome.

Dr. Chiquita said:
I drove there so I didn't need a pub transportation. One problem is that there is a train track above the building. Ask for a room on the side opposite to the train track. Luckily, I got one without asking and it was quiet. Good luck at the interview. My experience there was awesome.

I think I stayed at the same s6!t hole as you. Unfortunately, they could not give me a room on the other side of the building. That train was super loud all night, but I got used to it. It made sleeping in Manhattan the next night seem quiet. :thumbup:

mcjay said:
I think I stayed at the same s6!t hole as you. Unfortunately, they could not give me a room on the other side of the building. That train was super loud all night, but I got used to it. It made sleeping in Manhattan the next night seem quiet. :thumbup:

:laugh:

Just noting that "my experience" refers to Einstein, not the HoJo. ;)