Albert Einstein Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lll505

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in Costa Rica right now and cannot call Einstein to find out about the separate detailed answer if you checked one of the history boxes on the secondary.

Has anyone found out how long our answers should be?
I have to explain what I am doing this year and what I did after undergrad.

Any help would be much appreciated b/c I don?t have access to much down here except my fellow SDNers.

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda-

Members don't see this ad.

It just says to attach a detailed explanation including dates on a separate sheet of paper, but doesn't specify a word limit.

I spent most of the summer in Costa Rica, and even submitted my Alebert Einstein secondary application from an internet cafe in Nicoya!!!!! And I just received an interview invite from them, so they might have a bias for Costa Rica.

The explanations can be extremely brief. Just tell them the facts. They are not looking for essays.

Pura Vida!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
guys,
I can't believe I completely f#$#@ED up on the AE secondary. There's a little question in there that applies to me, and yet I didn't check it. I can't believe I didn't read it!!

It asks, "Do you plan to take off during your application year to medical school." I didn't know what it meant at that time, so I had left it blank. Well, I forgot all about it....mailed it in.....and... :( What do I do now???

Did they mean "take off" = take off from school? or from work? I have been out of school for 2 years now and work part time (looking for a second job). Does this mean I have "taken off" before medical school????? How do i fix this problem now?

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
guys,

It asks, "Do you plan to take off during your application year to medical school." I didn't know what it meant at that time, so I had left it blank. Well, I forgot all about it....mailed it in.....and... :( What do I do now???

Did they mean "take off" = take off from school? or from work? I have been out of school for 2 years now and work part time (looking for a second job). Does this mean I have "taken off" before medical school????? How do i fix this problem now?

Tweetie - I was just working on the AE secondary. I interpreted the question to mean taking time off of work and school while applying to medical school, so I did not check it (since I am working). Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

I had the same concerns. I graduated 2 yrs ago and am working now too, and checked the "time off" box and included a few sentences restating what I'd already said on my AMCAS. Now that I think about it, I don't think that was really necessary. At any rate, I don't think any of us need worry because it seems whoever wrote the secondary was a ***** (they had to include clarifications in the secondary app instructions. Would it hurt AECOM to find a competent individual to write these things? :mad: )

Originally posted by Kermie
Tweetie - I was just working on the AE secondary. I interpreted the question to mean taking time off of work and school while applying to medical school, so I did not check it (since I am working). Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks so much for your help! I don't know what I would do w/o SDN down here - it is really hard to get secondaries done when everyone is dancing and heading to the playa.

Pura Vida!

I'm a MS-1 at AE, took a year off, and had to check the "currently not in school" box. From what I remember and they could have changed the secondary this year, it said, "if you are currently not in school or will not be in school for the upcoming application cycle, please indicate here." However, my secondary stated to explain on a separate sheet of paper what I was doing.

Hope that helps! Good luck with your application cycle. I've been here a month and have exams next week, but I'm happy to help you. I also love it here!