All Day Study Chair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KiddCo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sit for hours at my desk reading books, watching lecture videos, taking practice exams. The usual M2 stuff.

As I spend more time cheek to chair I realize I could really do with an upgrade (especially with dedicated around the corner).

Anyone have recommendations for an awesome study setup?

A roller chair, lazy boy, or anything they really enjoy?

Would love to hear what you are all using. Currently I use a pretty generic $50 roller computer chair from like the late 90s.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are willing to spend a pretty penny, I would consider a gaming chair.

It’s what I bought, but I also used to be a big gamer and hopeful someday to have enough time to go back to it lol. Ironically enough it’s a fun talking point for many of the zoom simulated encounters with the SPs who also enjoy gaming.

Price is steep but hey I’m going to be hundreds of thousands in debt anyways so might as well invest in my back.

If you are willing to spend a pretty penny, I would consider a gaming chair.

It’s what I bought, but I also used to be a big gamer and hopeful someday to have enough time to go back to it lol. Ironically enough it’s a fun talking point for many of the zoom simulated encounters with the SPs who also enjoy gaming.

Price is steep but hey I’m going to be hundreds of thousands in debt anyways so might as well invest in my back.
Second this. I actually just purchased my first Titan Evo from secret lab. I’ve had executive chairs and also a Dxracer chair and this thing puts them all to shame. Ultra comfortable, adjustable, and actually professional looking.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As a radiologist I can say that the following chairs are quality:

Herman Miller Aeron
Herman Miller Mirra 2
Steelcase Leap v2

Steelcase Gesture and Herman Miller Embody should also be good but have not actually used.

Currently I own an Ergochair 2 which I got in fellowship because it was cheap. It's OK but the above chairs are much better. Waiting until I become 1099 to get one of the above chairs to make it tax deductible.

BTOD on youtube has good reviews with the pros and cons.

Reactions: 4 users