All Medical Schools Listen Up!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaltySqueegee

El Rey de Salsa
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let it be known,

When corresponding with applicants, make the first sentence of the rejection and waitlist letters bold and three words at a maximum.

Example:

You are rejected. Blah... Blah... Blah...

You are waitlisted. Blah... Blah... Blah...

It's scary enough knowing that your status has changed at a school, let alone having to sift through a piece of correspondence to find out the wait goes on, or that you are ultimately rejected. +pissed+ I'm sick of this emotional roller coaster crap! I'm mentally, physically exhausted, and I don't need fluff in my way!

------------------------
If you are sending out an acceptance, you can fill the letter/correspondence sky high with fluff, and people would not care, as long as they knew they were accepted in the end.

Members don't see this ad.

Amen. I went through this **** last year and didn't get in. After all the waitlist hell and monthly updates that, like you said, sent you through a rollercoaster, I was ready to give up. Give up and possibly drive into oncoming traffic. No joke.
Once you get through med school you can become the dean of students somewhere and teach 'em to tell it like it is. And never f#####g waitlist someone on paper while in all honesty you are crapping on their application. Tell people when they are no longer under consideration. All good things.

I hate to say cheeseball **** so you will only hear this once. If I can get in so can you, just don't give up.

Why even mess with the other BS that comes after. If I directed the schools, my letters would read like this:

Congratulations: You're in.

Sorry: You're out.

Simple, efficient, to the point. Just my style.

oh yeah im sure med school adcoms are reading SDN taking your advice

+pissed+