Do all medical schools check accepted students’ disciplinary records?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

min3456

Reaction score
If so does anyone know what schools do this?

Members don't see this ad.

It is a high enough likelihood at any given school that it is not worth trying to lie about/hide. Especially if the IA is noted on your transcript as some undergrads do, or one of your letter writers mentions "Sara has done an amazing job at our university despite her cheating issue during her freshman year!"

Reactions: 2 users
They all do look for it and in most cases, briefly and clearly stating the infraction will not have much effect on your application, but saying there were no infractions and being caught out in a lie will be seen as much worse.
Before you submit your application you are asked to attest to its accuracy and correctness. Read all that part.

Members don't see this ad :)
Given that many schools admit far more applicants than they have seats, it is likely that some will not check until the applicant commits to enroll. Imagine that you are in that pool and get yanked out and the offer withdrawn because you omitted something on your application almost a year earliers. Don't be that guy.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! Also i was wondering if mine is an ia or not. I did meet with the dean, but I never received any sanctions and they said I would only have a warning, no grade reductions nothing, but apparently I was responsible for violating academic integrity? Also, the incident is not reported on my transcript, and occurred at an instutition that is not my main undergrad, so it wouldn't be an issue for committee lor. Would this count as an ia/something i should report?

Thanks! Also i was wondering if mine is an ia or not. I did meet with the dean, but I never received any sanctions and they said I would only have a warning, no grade reductions nothing, but apparently I was responsible for violating academic integrity? Also, the incident is not reported on my transcript, and occurred at an instutition that is not my main undergrad, so it wouldn't be an issue for committee lor. Would this count as an ia/something i should report?
Yes it is something you should report, as whatever it was resulted in a warning and a meeting with the Dean. Since you will be sending transcripts from each college you attended, it doesn’t matter that it didn’t happen at your degree college.

apparently I was responsible for violating academic integrity? Also, the incident is not reported on my transcript, and occurred at an instutition that is not my main undergrad, so it wouldn't be an issue for committee lor. Would this count as an ia/something i should report?
Yes:
Institutional Action: Medical schools need to know if you were ever the recipient of any institutional action resulting from unacceptable academic performance or a conduct violation, even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment, require you to withdraw, or does not appear on your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition.

Ok thank you! Also, do expunged records still need to be reported?